The Greenest Banana In The Bunch

First things first: this forum is an incredible resource. I feel a lot dumber than I think I am absorbing all the information being shared.

Regarding the title of my thread: I am brand-spankin'-new to the world of insurance. Thus far I've been issued my Life/Health license and purchased an E&O policy (through an advertiser I saw on the forum index: National Ethics Association). California is where I'm located. A while back I'd responded to an ad on Craigslist and it was an NAA "recruiter." After stumbling into this forum and several others, it is becoming increasingly apparent that NAA might not be the best route for anyone interested in seriously making insurance their lifelong career. And being as ripe (in terms of experience only; not body odor) as I am I don't want to be affiliated with an organization that is tainted. Especially out of the gate.

All that blather stated, if any of you upstanding ladies and gentlemen can answer some of these (probably dreadfully stupid) queries or impart advice to a young Jedi, my already golden heart would forever love you and be indebted to you (in a totally non-contractual way, of course):

1. Can my business cards simply say my name and the designation "Insurance Agent - Life; Health; Accident"?

2. Is getting contracted/appointed at my level difficult?

3. If not NAA do any other IMOs or the like ring bells?

Thanks-a-million for taking the time to read if you've made it this far. Thanks-a-billion (in advance) for any answer or advice.

What part of california are you in? I am in the Sacramento/Roseville area and have a lot of contacts for you up here both in the career agency side and independent.

advice: training--you need to either find a mentor and partner with an older producer that is established or look to the career system. Principal is a great operation, so is MetLife and Northwestern Mutual. It is hard going independent out of the gate because you lack the training in my opinion.

Welcome young Jedi Knight!

1. Can my business cards simply say my name and the designation "Insurance Agent - Life; Health; Accident"?

YES

2. Is getting contracted/appointed at my level difficult?

NO

3. If not NAA do any other IMOs or the like ring bells?

Greensky = Rick is in CA and he could probably answer this one.

Thanks-a-million for taking the time to read if you've made it this far. Thanks-a-billion (in advance) for any answer or advice.

Latest posts

Back