The Value of a Second Opinion

Just got call from client, stage 4 prostate cancer. Just turned 65 three months ago, needs and wants mayo clinic in AZ. Thank God I don't sell mapd that is not accepted at mayo, and we r both grateful he was no longer on aca hmo. I must have 15 to 20% of my clients that use mayo after age 65, hence why I won't touch mapd in az

Awesome resource Somarco. More people need to know this. My uncle (just a month ago) had a 2nd opinion and found he had cancer, when his regular doc said it was “probably GERD”.

Awesome resource Somarco. More people need to know this. My uncle (just a month ago) had a 2nd opinion and found he had cancer, when his regular doc said it was “probably GERD”.

I have never had a situation where a 2nd opinion seemed warranted, but my wife had one a couple of years ago. Surgeon #1 said have the surgery without delay . . . #2 said she might need surgery but it will be a while. Come back in 3 years for an evaluation unless you have symptoms that warrant a visit.

Family friend had a cancer dx about 2 months ago . . . stage 1 endometrial cancer. They pressed her to have surgery followed by chemo and rad. She had 2 or 3 chemo treatments then they had to suspend treatment because of Rx supply shortage.

She never got a 2nd opinion until AFTER the chemo moratorium and has now decided maybe she didn't need any chemo.

ALWAYS, always, always get a 2nd or 3rd any time someone wants to cut or inject poison into your veins.

Back