Top 5 Term & Whole Life Companies

Hey Mattschmidt, how do you remember what the underwriting guidelines are on so many companies. I find it hard enough to keep up with 5 good companies. Not picking a fight, but I just can't see needing more than that. I want to be able to send ton of business to a few carriers and know them inside out instead of sending one or two policies a year to a random company. Just my observation.

Hey Mattschmidt, how do you remember what the underwriting guidelines are on so many companies. I find it hard enough to keep up with 5 good companies. Not picking a fight, but I just can't see needing more than that. I want to be able to send ton of business to a few carriers and know them inside out instead of sending one or two policies a year to a random company. Just my observation.

If you are working with a top notch upline, and utilizing their technology, they do all this for you...Work smarter, rather than harder.

Many of the Life FMO's that I have talked to use the concept of "shopping" of the underwriting info. I was told by one that "impaired risk" is a concept that does not exist much anymore, as carriers are very close now.

The way they pitched it to me is they get a copy of the APS and can send it to multiple companies. Sounds interesting in theory, I wonder if it works well ?

Anybody know of FMO's that really do this well?

Last edited:
If you're an individual producer, you might want to look at Shaw American for term and GUL. They've got their sh!t together and have lots of carriers. I just got hooked up with them and have placed a few policies. They make the fully underwritten process a breeze.

hey goose, you still using shaw american to write life? if not, who are you using now? I've been selling life as a captive agent for 6 years. Now I'm independent and looking for carriers to write life.

Back