Trying to Apply to Take Life + Health Test

michael815

Hey everyone,

This is my first post on Insurance Forums so I thought I would come here to get some helpful advice.

To try and make my question as easy as possible to ask I will try my best to summarize my current position.

I live in Louisiana, I currently have my Property + Casualty license, and I have applied to schedule my Life and Health exam through the NIPR website where my state has to review my application in order to let me register to take the L+H exam.

The only concern I have is that I currently work for a company where I do not need a L+H license, but I am in the process of changing my career and going into insurance sales with a reputable company.

With that being said, when I obtained my P+C license, I was currently working with a local State Farm agent so everything went fine in obtaining my P+C license.

Do I have to be currently employed with an Insurance company in order for me to take my L+H exam? Or could anyone take the exam as long as they meet the pre-licensing requirements?

I understand every state is different, and I wold appreciate any advice I could get.

Thank you!

No you don't have to be employed in a Life\Health\Accident job to sit for your Life, Accident and Health Exam.

Study the materials and pay for it yourself. You'll be good to go.

Welcome to the Forum!

Latest posts

Back