United Aep commission report is showing now

I got my statement from Aetna last week, dated in 2022, but no commission yet. I thought there was a rule commission had to be paid in the year he plan was effective. 2023 would have to be paid in 2023.

if statement has 2022 on it and commission is paid in 2023, which 1099 will it be on?

Aetna sent me the commission statement Thursday. It will go on your 2023 income. Thank God because mine was substantial due to some rewrites and new clients. They do the same thing every year but the payment won’t come til tomorrow or Tuesday.

Correct . United shows your held commission from when the the policy is written. So you know exactly what you’ll make on them initially. Trueup not paid for 2-3 weeks . Humana was weird I had 10-15 new to Medicare with 1-1 and 2-1 effective dates . I wrote some back in nov . I never got paid on any of it yet . I’m wondering if it’s because it’s during aep and the effective dates are 2023.

Last edited:
What everyone should be doing as well is checking to see what backstabbers have terminated their insurance as of January 1st, 2023. I've been checking. Not bad at all....so far:biggrin::biggrin:

What everyone should be doing as well is checking to see what backstabbers have terminated their insurance as of January 1st, 2023. I've been checking. Not bad at all....so far:biggrin::biggrin:

You must have a pipeline of stable folks. Mine are the same way. Good common-sense people that don’t like change. The best kinds of insurance clients. Lol. They know to call me with any questions anyway. I’d be shocked if any changed without asking me first.

Backstabbers?
You know....the ones that you do everything right for and they stick it to you at the end of the year and replace your excellent coverage you wrote for them.

Here ya go....backstabber (plural backstabbers) A traitor or hypocrite, such as a co-worker or friend assumed trustworthy but who figuratively attacks when one's back is turned.

Back