UNL Dental Vision Shield in 2020. Stand Alone Product?

LostDollar

There's No Toilet Paper- on the Road Less Traveled
5000 Post Club
Kansas
It is somewhere between quite difficult and almost impossible for a non-agent to acquire UNL product details online.

I have been trying to understand differences between GTL and UNL ST HHC products. For an individual 59 or under (for cost reasons), a key difference appears to be the supplementary dental/vision (and hearing?) coverage.

With a specific product name (Dental Vision Shield) rather than being identified as a rider, UNL's product gives the appearance of being a stand alone product which can be purchased separately.

So three questions:

One) Is the UNL Dental Vision shield a stand alone product, or must it be purchased with something else?

Two) Does the UNL Dental Vision Shield also include a hearing benefit of some kind?

Three) Is there any online source, other than agent logins at FMO's which require an NPN, where a non-agent can get a 2020 evidence of coverage for:

a) UNL Dental Vision Shield?

b) UNL ST HHC product?

c) GTL's ST HHC product?
(I have found a 2017 GTL EOC, so my main 2020 question is whether GTL's 2020 vision rider still only includes one $75 preventive dental benefit.)

It is somewhere between quite difficult and almost impossible for a non-agent to acquire UNL product details online.

I have been trying to understand differences between GTL and UNL ST HHC products. For an individual 59 or under (for cost reasons), a key difference appears to be the supplementary dental/vision (and hearing?) coverage.

With a specific product name (Dental Vision Shield) rather than being identified as a rider, UNL's product gives the appearance of being a stand alone product which can be purchased separately.

So three questions:

One) Is the UNL Dental Vision shield a stand alone product, or must it be purchased with something else?

Two) Does the UNL Dental Vision Shield also include a hearing benefit of some kind?

Three) Is there any online source, other than agent logins at FMO's which require an NPN, where a non-agent can get a 2020 evidence of coverage for:

a) UNL Dental Vision Shield?

b) UNL ST HHC product?

c) GTL's ST HHC product?
(I have found a 2017 GTL EOC, so my main 2020 question is whether GTL's 2020 vision rider still only includes one $75 preventive dental benefit.)

Hit me up if you have any questions as I am the head of sales at UNL or call 866-343-0001 for our agent support line and they can help you with any questions you may have.

Also, check out UNLsales.com for some more high level info on our Shield Series products.

-Rush

Thank you for helping me by providing these documents. They were quite helpful with guidance for the buying decision I want to make. While it looks like I am actually not going to purchase a dental rider with my coverage, I really don't like the attitude towards their consumers which the UNL Dental outline of coverage expresses, and I do not care to support UNL with my business at this time. (And if I was an agent, I believe I would just stick with GTL for a KS ST-HHC product.)

I am still unable to actually do the comparison I intended to do because it looks like GTL must put the details of their rider in the actual policy itself, rather than their outline of coverage and so far the only GTL information I have been able to obtain is an outline of coverage.

However, in my opinion, the UNL Dental Vision outline of coverage shows a rather disrespectful attitude towards their consumers.

UNL's coverage starts by showing a $1,000 benefit level.

In the dentist's office, the semi annual "cleaning" visit includes both an exam and a cleaning, and sometimes a bitewing xray. The UNL policy will basically cover the cleaning portion and an xray if one is taken. Any coverage for the exam appears to be non existent since that is also a preventive service.

UNL then limits the number of fillings to 2 per year and the number of crowns to 1 every three years. In essence, they create a plan which gives the appearance of $1,000 benefit for Dental and Vision (this probably would work out to a 700 to 900 benefit assigned to dental) but then they limit covered preventive service and control basic and major services in such a way that I think it is highly unlikely a person could ever have an opportunity to receive a full policy benefit.

Then they give their consumers an opportunity to increase their premiums to purchase two higher levels of benefits, but I see nothing in the outline of coverage which indicates lesser restrictions on covered service in exchange for those higher premiums.

Perhaps UNL's actual policy documents provide some additional information that addresses those comments, but the Outline of Coverage does not describe a supplementary (or stand alone ) product I would care to own (or sell or advise someone to buy).

( And they charge an additional annual policy fee for this product which I had started out thinking of as a rider.)

I'm sure the rep was just thrilled to speak with you so you can tear up their dental plan which is typical of.............dental plans

Back