Urgent Question in regards to licensing

james orlando

3 years ago I worked for a life insurance company. I attained my life and health insurance license and it has expired 1 year ago. I have now been hired by a big name auto insurance company and am in the process of attaining my property and casualty license. Assuming that I do not need life or health insurance license, will the fact that it is expired effect my new lines of insurance licensing in anyway? Will I have to reinstate my life and health insurance licenses?

Most P&C carriers will want you to have Life appointment so you can bolster the sales of P&C products. Your commission usually depends on selling 1-2 life policies per month or quarter

If you do only sell Auto Insurance, thank typically you do NOT need a Life Insurance license. However as fedup wisely said - your insurer will likely want you to have it.

WMSG said to call the DOI and ask them - they are the ones that will know for certain (you would think). That all being said peoples licenses expire all of the time and assuming it expired for no unusual reasons - I can't imagine that its going to be a problem moving forward.

You might be able to reinstate your license depending on the time. Call the indurance department or look around the livensing guide and see what the time limit is. Your probably to late but hey you habe nothing to lose.

Latest posts

Back