Using Labs from One Company for Another?

wean

I am about to finalize the paper work for a Northwestern policy. I need to go ahead and complete it so i'll have supplemental coverage in place.

However, the prices are a little higher than I'd like. They very well may be appropriate, but i'd like to shop around now.

A few questions:
Can I use my NWM lab results (all done by them or their contractor) to get a policy from Prudential, Metlife, etc.? I hate blood work.
Is there any downside to signing up with NWM and then cancelling in 3 months if i find a better deal? Sure, i'm out the money, but i'd be out the money with anyone ... unless I die, of course.

I am about to finalize the paper work for a Northwestern policy. I need to go ahead and complete it so i'll have supplemental coverage in place.

However, the prices are a little higher than I'd like. They very well may be appropriate, but i'd like to shop around now.

A few questions:
Can I use my NWM lab results (all done by them or their contractor) to get a policy from Prudential, Metlife, etc.? I hate blood work.
Is there any downside to signing up with NWM and then cancelling in 3 months if i find a better deal? Sure, i'm out the money, but i'd be out the money with anyone ... unless I die, of course.

maybe...nwm owns the labs but client has the right to recive the results so could be submitted with new application...what are you buying......

A few questions:

You _may_ be able to use the same Labs. Have you done them already? If not you can do one set of labs and get doctor records into one brokerage that can shop it out.

It would be surprising if Northwestern were a low cost leader. If this is Term they will not even come up in the top 10.

Lee

term 80 - 1.0 MM. standard plus risk class. i don't care for the term 80 but was a compromise based on $ coverage. clearly, i have to get out of that in about 3-4 years or i'll pay the farm. Note the term 20 at same amount was 33% more.

i'd like to find a level term 20 or 30.

A few questions:

Yes. Contact your agent and he can send you a form for you to sign and send to the lab company. They will mail you the results. However, you will still need to work with an independent agent, submit a trial application and the lab results to see if the cattiness you mentioned would make a better offer

Yes. Contact your agent and he can send you a form for you to sign and send to the lab company. They will mail you the results. However, you will still need to work with an independent agent, submit a trial application and the lab results to see if the cattiness you mentioned would make a better offer

The Northwestern agent very well may be captive.

Second on working with an Independent.

term 80 - 1.0 MM. standard plus risk class. i don't care for the term 80 but was a compromise based on $ coverage. clearly, i have to get out of that in about 3-4 years or i'll pay the farm. Note the term 20 at same amount was 33% more.

i'd like to find a level term 20 or 30.

Any agent here can do that for you. Most of us are licensed in multiple states. I would imagine your in box will be blowing up shortly.

I would pick the agent carefully. You want someone that will service you after the sale.

Lee
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, P+ with one company may not be P= with the next. Takes an agent to know why company X is better than company Y also. Which companies include riders such as accelerated death benefit at no cost, Which offer conversion options, Which offer a decreasing option as opposed blowing up the rate at renewal and so on.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited:
If you want a local independent agent you can go on term4sale.com and request a follow up with a local agent. Look for a local area code for the agent.

If you want a local independent agent you can go on term4sale.com and request a follow up with a local agent. Look for a local area code for the agent.

A big advantage of Term4Sale.com is they are not a sales site. A person does not have to worry about their info being captured. A disadvantage of any quote site is that they are only number crunchers. No brains.

Back