Virtually Same Cov-HSA Costs $175 More/month

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
Read an article mentioning possible need to balance cost against benefit of HSA, and to meet actuarial values, rates would need to be higher.

All I can see in this example from one carrier is that to benefit from the HSA the policyholder would need a high tax bracket to make the tax savings equal or exceed the additional amount of premium for the HSA compatible plan.

Will check some other carriers' plans.

Read an article mentioning possible need to balance cost against benefit of HSA, and to meet actuarial values, rates would need to be higher.

All I can see in this example from one carrier is that to benefit from the HSA the policyholder would need a high tax bracket to make the tax savings equal or exceed the additional amount of premium for the HSA compatible plan.

Will check some other carriers' plans.

My HSA with the same exact deductible under the PPACA is 340% higher. I was tempted because of the 10 essential benefits. :no::no: Thank goodness I am locked in til 12/31/2104

HSA + CI , ACC or Hospital Indemnity, or high deductible plan without HSA + the extra plans?

Last edited:
Back