WebCE is Incredibly Easy…Kaplan Financial Not so Much…

In the pre-licensing forum about a month ago, I sang from the rooftop my praise for Kaplan Financial’s pre-licensing prep materials whilst also making clear that I felt WebCE’s modules on this front to be inferior.

Well, as the old saying goes, “how the tables have turned…”

With my being set to start my first day selling on Wednesday, March 29, I have been immersed in going through my training with Digital BGA and so figured, heck, while I was at it, I may as well try to also knock out my home state of Massachusetts’ requirement that I complete (at least) 60 hours of continuing education by the time my initial license expires at the end of October 2025. (After the first MA renewal period, producers only need to complete 45 hours of CE, but during the first period, it is 60).

So, I purchased for $39 a huge bank of life and health insurance classes from Kaplan Financial—not a bad price at all, but keep in mind you need to pay $1.50 per hour in Massachusetts state reporting costs when taking the course final exams, so really you’d be looking at $129 total if you were to do all 60 hours through Kaplan.

In any event, all I have to say is “ugh!”. The exams were super tough relative to what I was expecting for CE. It was incredibly frustrating so before I even finished one class, I went and checked out WebCE’s offerings. Needless to say, their stuff is similarly-priced and WAY easier than Kaplan’s.

After just a few days of light work, I am happy to say I am 100% finished w/ my CE requirements until 2.5 years from now and so don’t even have to think about it again until then!

WebCE even bundles together packages of 45 hours you can purchase if you don’t want to go a la carte. Don’t expect to actually have to go through all the materials, either. It’s really easy stuff.

So for new agents, here’s my “splitting the baby” recommendation:

For state exam prep, choose Kaplan over WebCE

For CE, choose WebCE over Kaplan

Hope this helps!

Back