What was it like before Obamacare?

Obamacare doubled or tripled my business.
Before ACA, I couldn't help the low income or the sick due to underwriting.
Now both categories can be insured.

Those with money got hit the hardest, but most stuck on the books because they have money to protect, understand insurance, or they played the ACA control their income game. Some went to Short term medical plans if healthy and wealthy and refused ACA full premiums.

Before ACA, you had to "sell" insurance, now I essentially "enroll". If they don't want coverage, just move on.

Before ACA, you needed the art of which carrier to use according to underwriting standards, then wait wait wait for approval. With ACA, it's one and done and approved. I remember Assurant being the most lenient, then ACA made them go bankrupt with PPO offering.

I have about a dozen grandfathered plans on the books, they are at ACA premium levels now, but come with a PPO vs HMO.....so they hold on for now. Dwindling every year.

Before ACA, I won tons of business educating people on HSA's vs copay plans saving them tons of money when the premium differences were quite large. Now with ACA, HSA plans are more expensive with lower OOP sometimes, and Biden's new 2025 regulations will all but eliminate them from ACA plans being offered in 2025. 2+ carriers already dropped them in 2024, it's a shame.

Remember, ACA is my best Medicare pipeline, that 63 yr old will love you when you give them OM with a supplement for a 1/3rd of the cost, lower OOP, and no more crappy networks.
What makes you say HSA plans are sunsetting?

What makes you say HSA plans are sunsetting?
Carriers are only allowed 2 bronze non standardized plans in 2025. HSA plans have the least amount of participants. It went to 4 bronze plans allowed this year and Florida only had 2 HSA plans offered from ambetter and Florida Blue. Many like Oscar and medica dropped hsa plans? Only will get worse in 25'.

Also, The OOP is not growing at same pace of bronze OOP (7500 vs 9500), making HSA premiums higher each year, and bronze prem more attractive even after factoring in hsa tax deduction

Carriers are only allowed 2 bronze non standardized plans in 2025. HSA plans have the least amount of participants. It went to 4 bronze plans allowed this year and Florida only had 2 HSA plans offered from ambetter and Florida Blue. Many like Oscar and medica dropped hsa plans? Only will get worse in 25'.

Also, The OOP is not growing at same pace of bronze OOP (7500 vs 9500), making HSA premiums higher each year, and bronze prem more attractive even after factoring in hsa tax deduction
I despise ACA.

My own premium is now $840 month. 53 yrs old, non smoking female. Healthy. Don't need maternity, birth control, mental health etc.... It's bullshit. Michigan. BCBS PPO Silver

Back when....ugh. Same type of plan would have probably cost me $350/$400

I despise ACA.

My own premium is now $840 month. 53 yrs old, non smoking female. Healthy. Don't need maternity, birth control, mental health etc.... It's bullshit. Michigan. BCBS PPO Silver

Back when....ugh. Same type of plan would have probably cost me $350/$400
If healthy, why would you even buy a silver plan? Why not buy an HSA or other bronze plan? Maybe an HMO if you don't want to pay extra for PPO?

If healthy, why would you even buy a silver plan? Why not buy an HSA or other bronze plan? Maybe an HMO if you don't want to pay extra for PPO?
Some uncertaintly at the moment. I shouldve said, not sure about health at moment. Healthy up until....undergoing some things right now...so "health" is up in the air.

Back