Will Safeco Not Let Me Be A Producer

bailey47

Help!!! Would Safeco Not Give Me An Appointment

when they do my credit check and find out Im behind on my house pmts? Im going to work for an independent office. Safeco has a queationaire that asks if you are behind up to $10000 and if yes what are your debts? I answered honestly but Im waiting for their answer?I do not have any felony problems. Just my 2 investment propertys that I have loss my but on...way underwater...they will turn into foreclosures but I wont have to go bk...how about other companys that I will be selling for will this effect me producing for them as well such as progressive,safeco,grange,dairyland, kemper,sublimity etc?
Iam very nervous...I have my lic...Im worried that safeco will contact my broker and
not give me an appointment?

Last edited:
I think you will be fine. I think they ask these things to see if there is an overall problem. There is no VECTOR report, right? No Bankruptcy or back child support payments or anything? I think you'll be fine. One thing I would image that helps you (or at least doesn't hurt you) is that you are getting an appointment under an already-established agency with a history of Safeco production.

I have yet to see credit be an issue. I think that if Safeco did have a problem they would ask for a letter of explanation and then you give them some more information, but I doubt it will even come to that.

Not to be disparaging of Safeco, they are a FINE company with EXCELLENT rates, underwriting is lenient, and they have a fantastic support center for clients. However, I feel that they are not the most selective in their agents and I get surprised at a few people that have a Safeco appointment. They aren't exactly selective like Erie or Auto Owners, ya know?

You should be ok.....
I hope so and thank you for your reply!!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I think you will be fine. I think they ask these things to see if there is an overall problem. There is no VECTOR report, right? No Bankruptcy or back child support payments or anything? I think you'll be fine. One thing I would image that helps you (or at least doesn't hurt you) is that you are getting an appointment under an already-established agency with a history of Safeco production.

I have yet to see credit be an issue. I think that if Safeco did have a problem they would ask for a letter of explanation and then you give them some more information, but I doubt it will even come to that.

Not to be disparaging of Safeco, they are a FINE company with EXCELLENT rates, underwriting is lenient, and they have a fantastic support center for clients. However, I feel that they are not the most selective in their agents and I get surprised at a few people that have a Safeco appointment. They aren't exactly selective like Erie or Auto Owners, ya know?

Thank you for your reply...I will sleep better now!!!

Last edited:
They would have to cancel 25% of their agencies and thousands of sub agents in CA, NV and AZ if they did not accept anybody with a short sale or foreclosure. I think they look at the big picture and if those are your only issues you should be fine.

Back