Work Comp Question........

Incorporated less than one year, coming from the pool, and he wants to exclude himself is going to earn you some questions.

Why would that raise questions? It was a sole pro for the first three years in business, has disability coverage on himself. Moved to WC as he does a few other things outside of his business, and needed to be able to provide coverage to his employee. He has no need to be included on the policy, not odd at all.

His tax and payroll guys wanted him to incorporate for whatever reasons, so he did, as of 1/1/15.

There is still no reason for them to need his personal tax forms - and yes, I know he is excluded on this policy - responding to whoever inquired about that.

And, UW's aren't scumbags, they just aren't great at operating in gray areas. It needs to be black and white for them usually, which isn't always the case.

Thanks for the detail and your answer was absolutely wonderful .

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

Sounds like a situation where the auditor is simply working off of a script/list of items to ask for without looking at how it relates to the particular account. Similar to "cash flow" underwriting, which I despise.

Sounds like a situation where the auditor is simply working off of a script/list of items to ask for without looking at how it relates to the particular account. Similar to "cash flow" underwriting, which I despise.

Yep, and she was just a peach to work with. I finally convinced my customer (who is also a very, very good friend of mine) that we needed to get these to the company to avoid it cancelling. I explained that I wasn't sure why they needed his info, and that the UW is probably going off a "list" of required docs, even though they do NOT pertain to any rating requirements on his policy.

He was fine with it, but wanted to make sure his accountant could just fax the docs in directly, instead of them going through the agency, which I assured him was fine. We don't need to know what he makes, hell, the WC company doesn't "need" to know what he makes, but we got it done. Cancellation is no longer pending. Fire. Put. Out.

I'm glad it all worked out. All we can hope for now is the UW gets hit by a bus

Actually, that might have been one of my wishes over the last two weeks while she kept skirting the question as to why they need the business financial's when IT DOESN'T MATTER!

Just curious, was the UW also reviewing the GL? If so, then he/she would need gross sales as the GL rates take that into account as well.

Just curious, was the UW also reviewing the GL? If so, then he/she would need gross sales as the GL rates take that into account as well.

Nope, WC only. Good question though, as it could make sense, but not in this situation.

Back