Yearly Review Ideas Please?

I've never really done this much before, but I've seen it mentioned here on the forum at times. For those of you that do yearly reviews what does this look like for you: - how do you approach your client? - do you have your appointment setter call through them? - send them cards? - look to save money and/or increase coverage? OR is this more of a "time-waster" when one can just stay busy running new leads? Thanks for the input!!!

I called a handful of my FE clients last month that had been on the books for over a year. I didn't ask for referrals or to increase coverage. I simply called to check up on them to see how they were doing.

I ended up with 2 referrals that resulted in sales to the tune of $2200 AP. Try it. You might be surprised at what you kick up.

Before I get attacked as I am not a FE agent and this may not apply in this market. I worked the 403(b) teacher market for many years. I always did annual reviews but one of the single biggest ideas I ever did was a summer mailing to my clients with a prefilled salary reduction agreement showing their current contribution and a spot to increase the amount by this was included with a letter reminding the client of the benefits of increasing savings for retirement and a simple example of what that small increase from their new raise would do.

I would frequently mail my customers in batches through the summer and frequently receive 20-30 envelopes back per day. Some envelopes the client wanted to no changes, in a small few they wanted to decrease contributions but in the majority these clients increased their savings.

If I was going to do this for the FE market I would include a small return card with a couple options of other items you could help them with to include increased coverage. I know Lincoln Heritage re mails their clients and get people wanting small increases. If nothing else it is a touch of that client to remind them of you. I would probably focus on some small ancillary product, dental, cancer etc.

I like that idea. I still do snail mail to my people and adding a post card sounds like a good idea.

----------

Dave posted in the United Heritage convention post about one of the top producers doing it by working his book, not leads. Not saying one is better.

If we walk into a house where there is even one existing policy we are working someone else's book. That agent is probably working ours. I do not do a lot of replacement but do a lot of AORs. Rarely am I contested by the former agent.

Back