You want me to work towards an agency with no experience?

Travis Price

Guru
1000 Post Club
On Thursday, I got an email from a fairly well-known company. I'm not going to say who, but if you've ever seen Oz Vern Schillinger is their spokesman.

"Write health insurance? We are non-compete with free P&C pre-licensing. Work for an agent OR start your own agency"

They've been hounding me for years and I finally bit. I've been in Medicare for 18 years and why not keep options open for other lines. I talked to their DM, literally telling her that I focus on Medicare but I'm interesting in learning other lines too. Asked if I wanted to run an agency, "No thanks, a lot of companies pile agents on top of one another and I don't want to compete with myself."

She swears they don't do that, but I see a number of agents for the company. Plus, my understanding is P&C is much more expensive to get set up (especially with these types of companies) than it costs me for Medicare.

I don't know shit about P&C, FYI.

So, they hook me up with an agency owner that does Medicare too. She asks me if I want to have an agency. Again, I tell her that's not in my long term plans. Little bit of pushback from here.. "You never know, things could change."

Upside, they let me work remotely, which is nice because I don't want to drive all over the place and most people won't touch me because I don't have hardline internet. They do give pre-licensing training for free, but I'm responsible for the other licensing costs (not a big deal, MI is like 10$, plus 40$ background, plus whatever for the exam. Considering I paid 300$ for L&H 2x I'm fine with it.) Once I'm licensed she wants me 1099 for 15-20$ an hour... also fine... I don't know shit about P&C.. gotta pay those dues. Also, 1099 works great because I'm 420 friendly and everyone wants a piss test.

She does Medicare too, which is fine..she's 4+ hours away from me, but says I can put my book in her leads system... Which is never going to happen... I'm never going to give her the ability to sell my clients against me.

I just found it weird they were pushing the agency option with someone that doesn't know anything about P&C...

I get emails all the time, PNC, Life companies, Insurance carriers in different lines

Big name companies and no name companies

Just about everything except Medicare, Actually probably got a couple of those but not nearly as noticeably often as the others

Wanting me to partner, start an agency, be a manager, or work for them at top pay, low pay and everything in between

All types of positions too not all sales

Drives me nuts, I always think what do they even know about me they must email these to everyone with a lic

What kills me is they all email my Gmail which is my least used email out of 3

I just found it weird they were pushing the agency option with someone that doesn't know anything about P&C...
I sort of agree it is odd and probably stupid, My guess though is that there long term focus is not on Agency Longevity or Consumers Best interests.
Often, with some outfits - their main goal is bringing in warm licensed bodies - that is all.

Latest posts

Back