Your Opinion is needed

SpruceBruce

Expert
I know that getting quality life leads is a big challenge for many of us. Let me innumerate the typical issues I am having with paid for internet leads, most are for final expense leads. I have tried the more expensive (higher quality leads) all with similar results.

1.) Can not reach them by phone- they do not answer even if called several times a day multiple times.
2.) They do not respond to voice mail message left for them.
3.) They do not respond back to either emails or text messages left for them.
4.) After I reach them either on phone or more likely by a door knock they deny ever filling out an inquiry and say they have No interest in getting any or more life insurance/final expense coverage.
5.) I get many leads with older address where they once but do not currently live.

I know that getting quality life leads is a big challenge for many of us. Let me innumerate the typical issues I am having with paid for internet leads, most are for final expense leads. I have tried the more expensive (higher quality leads) all with similar results.

1.) Can not reach them by phone- they do not answer even if called several times a day multiple times.
2.) They do not respond to voice mail message left for them.
3.) They do not respond back to either emails or text messages left for them.
4.) After I reach them either on phone or more likely by a door knock they deny ever filling out an inquiry and say they have No interest in getting any or more life insurance/final expense coverage.
5.) I get many leads with older address where they once but do not currently live.

You'll be getting plenty of responses to your post. Here's my response:

1. A higher % of internet leads are less likely to answer the phone. Doesn't really matter which state you're in.

2. When you leave them a voice message their curiosity has been satisfied about who's been calling them. They almost never call you back. The FE market is known for their procrastination and lack of proactiveness.

3. Same reason as #2.

4. Your choice of words is probably shooting you in the foot. A lot of untrained agents will say something like "Hey Ms. Jones, you recently responded to an ad that you wanted to get some life insurance and I'm the local agent here to help you get one".
If you're working 20 leads that week, all 20 leads will say something like "we already took care of that, I never responded to any ad, we changed our mind", etc. However, if you know what to say, about 4-7 of those same 20 leads will buy a policy depending on your closing skills.

5. Whoever is selling you those leads is ripping you off. You said "I get many leads with older address where they once but do not currently live". This happens only occasionally, not many times.

The TOP producers of FE favor either DM or TV leads, You said in your 1st sentence that it is a challenge getting quality life leads. Agents on my team can get 20 fresh exclusive DM leads each week, on credit, that are very directly worded with "life insurance" in the 2nd sentence on the lead card, for $31 each. And the leads come from the carrier not me or some other manager. That way you know your leads are fresh and not being resold by some crooked upline.

There are other agency builders up here that can also help you. Sounds like you may need to a new upline that can provide the training and guidance that you need.

Feel free to call me.

Last edited:
Back