Governor: Alaska Opting Out Was a Wise Decision.

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
August 9, 2013

Excerpt: "As governor of Alaska, I have a responsibility to carefully review federal policies and consider how they will impact the 49th state.

After suing the federal government over Obamacare's individual mandate, I said "no" to our state designing and building a health insurance exchange to meet Obamacare's provisions. I challenged the federal government to build and pay for Alaska's exchange itself. That was the right choice.."

Read The Rest Here: Compass: State wise to opt out of Obamacare exchanges | Compass: Guest Columnists | ADN.com

-ac

It was wise for then Gov Sullivan to not create a state exchange. Since then, we, um the unions, have elected a very liberal Gov Walker. The first thing he did was start the process of creating a state exchange in spite all the evidence provided to him that is will bankrupt the state. Since then, he has proposed tax increases, to take a "loan" from the surplus of the Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD) and showed us a list of budget cuts. They're more "fluff" cuts than anything. One cut mentioned is to cap our PFD to only $1000 per resident. Anything over that is to pay for the health care. I'm certain we would pay taxes on the full amount of the PFD and not just on the $1000.

Back