New Forum Format Has Launched

Sam

Founder
Administrator
We are very close to launching our new forum site upgrade. This is the most substantial upgrade we have made in more than six years and it will involve some change!

The main change is the new content pages that are added to the forum. In addition to our current forum and posts, we now have some editorial staff to write articles and to edit submissions from industry experts. You can view the new content pages right now at ifn.insurance-forums.net

The next feature we have added is a resource directory. You can see the sections available here Resources Feel free to request that we add your company to any category it belongs in.

We have a separate directory of insurance associations, a whitepaper and video library (Undergoing some work now) and a lot of content.

The forum functionality will remain largely the same. The view will change, the colors will change, and there will be a new sidebar on the right side, that will have article modules, resource modules, advertisements, a poll module and some other things coming down the road.

The mobile theme will remain for people viewing the forum on phones and the app will be updated in the next few months but are currently not changing.

I am sure that as you take a few days to use the new site, you will have plenty of comments on how the experience is, as well as on our new features. We welcome all feedback and bug reports.

Thanks

• Staff
I assume anyone reading this knows that we have launched the new forum. Please share any bugs, thoughts or weird things you notice on the new site.

Honestly, I think the right side box is too wide and intrusive.

However, I may just be old cantankerous and set in my ways.

Last edited:
Change is usually a good thing. It will take us a while to figure out how to navigate the new format. I like the weekly poll on the right side.

I wouldn't mind a quick way to return to the forums section if you go to the other sections.

I realize this is a work in progress and I have full faith the final product will be top notch.

• Staff
I wouldn't mind a quick way to return to the forums section if you go to the other sections.

Just click on the green forum button in the main navbar, it will take you right to the index page.

Takes a bit getting used to, but after a few clicks & looking around....finding my way...not bad for an old guy:)

The look is much better. I like it!

Looks good. The only comment I have is that I miss the 'subscribed threads' option on the opening page. Maybe I'm missing it somewhere?

Back