Allianz 222 Fixed Indexed Annuity

From what I have found it depends on the IMO. I am not an Allianz Preferred agent. But I have had IMOs try to recruit me under the program. From my experience it depends on the IMO. Some want a minimum in Allianz premium, others let you hit minimums with total business under that IMO. Most that I have spoke to want a minimum commitment of Allianz premium. Again, this is from my experience speaking with IMOs about being a "Preferred" agent. Maybe they have backed off of the requirements since the program started. But from everything I have been told about the program, it is a quasi-captive setup. I have run across plenty of Preferred agents out in the field over the past few years. Scott, you are in the minority. Most preferred agents write 90% of their business through Allianz. Just my experience.

You need to look at the actual qualification forms from Allianz. There are many ways to qualify. Production is just one of them.

They are just screening a little bit so every jack leg with an insurance license doesn't waste their time.

It's actually $600k annual production or $60k in commissions from life and annuities (business with any carrier. Not just Allianz).

If it is with any carrier that is different than what I was told when the program rolled out initially.

The IMO still has minimum premium requirements with Allianz... that are higher than non-preferred IMOs requirements... correct?

----------

You need to look at the actual qualification forms from Allianz. There are many ways to qualify. Production is just one of them.

They are just screening a little bit so every jack leg with an insurance license doesn't waste their time.

Honestly I could care less. I have no use for Allicrapz products.

They are starting to simplify things a bit and make their products more consumer friendly. But they still have a long way to go in my opinion.

And I am just against the carriers being in bed with the IMOs. And Allianz is an IMO whore.

Last edited:
If it is with any carrier that is different than what I was told when the program rolled out initially.

The IMO still has minimum premium requirements with Allianz... that are higher than non-preferred IMOs requirements... correct?

----------

Honestly I could care less. I have no use for Allicrapz products.

They are starting to simplify things a bit and make their products more consumer friendly. But they still have a long way to go in my opinion.

And I am just against the carriers being in bed with the IMOs. And Allianz is an IMO whore.
Well I hope to God that means you're not writing security benefit. They are the definition of IMO whores.

Haha thanks for the correction. When we get a new agent and they send in paperwork for carrier appointments, we call it "licensing." You know what I was referring to. I don't know what to tell you about our terms not matching up with what you say they should be.

Yes I understood what you were saying. But that does not change the fact it is incorrect. You may call it licensing but if you ever look at the forms they are appointment forms. There is no license other than you insurance license. I am not trying to bust your balls it's just we are in a business of words and being accurate and telling a consumer to deal with an agent with an Allianz preferred license gives the impression there is separate state licensing for those agents.

Yes I understood what you were saying. But that does not change the fact it is incorrect. You may call it licensing but if you ever look at the forms they are appointment forms. There is no license other than you insurance license. I am not trying to bust your balls it's just we are in a business of words and being accurate and telling a consumer to deal with an agent with an Allianz preferred license gives the impression there is separate state licensing for those agents.
I just think it's funny that out of all the incorrect information being told on this thread you're going to nit pick that.

I just think it's funny that out of all the incorrect information being told on this thread you're going to nit pick that.

I can see Peters point to an extent. Legally it is either Appointment Paperwork or Contracting Paperwork.

And if your referring to any misinformation about the Allianz Preferred program. I made it very clear that was from my experiences speaking with IMOs when it first rolled out.

Either way, the IMO has higher minimums with Allianz, which often dictates theirmarketing/case recommendations/reward systems/etc.
(And since you clearly seem to market Allainz from your prior postings, and clearly work for a Preferred IMO, then that just helps reinforce my point.)

Im sure there are plenty of agents who take part in the preferred program and do lots of other business with other carriers. But the whole structure of the Preferred system is to steer agents of a Preferred IMO to do mostly Allianz business.

If your referring to any misinformation about the 222 product, if I was mistaken about the surrender schedule then I apologize. The material I read made it seem that it worked the same as the masterdex10.

Your other points were just crediting methods I did not cover.... big deal... nothing special.

And I would caution you about marketing IAs with "double digit" gains.
Yes, I have had Monthly crediting strategies hit double digits or close to it, at times over the past few years. But that is not what the strategy will equal out to over the course of the contract. NAIC guidelines highly discourage marketing IAs with assumptions such as that.

Dont get me wrong, I do like the monthly cap options out there as part of an allocation. But I dont tell clients to expect double digit returns from them either.

Last edited:
Im sure there are plenty of agents who take part in the preferred program and do lots of other business with other carriers. But the whole structure of the Preferred system is to steer agents of a Preferred IMO to do mostly Allianz business.

Creates a "captive" agent if not by formal agreement then by incentive. :)

I have not commented on the product. I am not an expert on Allianz products as I am not a fan of thier products.

I can see Peters point to an extent. Legally it is either Appointment Paperwork or Contracting Paperwork.

And if your referring to any misinformation about the Allianz Preferred program. I made it very clear that was from my experiences speaking with IMOs when it first rolled out.

Either way, the IMO has higher minimums with Allianz, which often dictates theirmarketing/case recommendations/reward systems/etc.
(And since you clearly seem to market Allainz from your prior postings, and clearly work for a Preferred IMO, then that just helps reinforce my point.)

If your referring to any misinformation about the 222 product, if I was mistaken about the surrender schedule then I apologize. The material I read made it seem that it worked the same as the masterdex10.

Your other points were just crediting methods I did not cover.... big deal... nothing special.

And I would caution you about marketing IAs with "double digit" gains.
Yes, I have had Monthly crediting strategies hit double digits or close to it, at times over the past few years. But that is not what the strategy will equal out to over the course of the contract. NAIC guidelines highly discourage marketing IAs with assumptions such as that.

Dont get me wrong, I do like the monthly cap options out there as part of an allocation. But I dont tell clients to expect double digit returns from them either.
I did not come on here trying to talk about how I worked for such and such and I think everyone should write Allianz products and yatta yatta yatta. If I'm being honest, I like playing the devil's advocate. If someone is saying why something is bad, I talk about why it's good. I have not mentioned who I work for because I am not on here with the intent to bring people to my organization. Someone else brought up the topic of this product. The person asking wasn't getting the correct info so I was trying to help him. I would never market the product saying to expect double digit gains. I never said you should expect that. I would be the first to say that over the course of the contract you may be closer to an average of 4-5%. My point was simply (with that 50% bonus) it can definitely happen. Even if it happened once or twice, that's awesome. My point was I wouldn't say someone was capped at just 4.25% each year. If I'm being honest again, my company doesn't have to market these Allianz preferred products. We have done well over their production minimum to be a preferred shop for over 12 years (I know preferred hasn't been around that long. I am just making a point on the steady production.) Having said that, we do just as much American Equity production as we do Allianz and about 70% of that number in Equitrust. Of course many others fall in line after that. I am again, just simply making a point. We're independently owned (no carrier involvement) and never drive product where it shouldn't be. I will continue not to mention the name of our organization because I am not trying to recruit anyone.

I am actually on here to learn. I'm 23 and I have been in this business for 6 months (been around it all my life, but worked here for 6 months). So I even understand I will say some things that are incorrect. That's why I read this stuff.

My opinion on these products come from studying these things and seeing how many different scenarios they fit. I get there are people that hate Allianz. I can't tell you how many stories I have heard from people about their bad experiences. The real shame though? When I hear an agent talking about how Allianz didn't let them write a case for suitability reasons and they blew their sale. So that agent decides they are never going to write them again. (This is really for any carrier. Just using this as a specific example). People need to separate themselves and their hatred for a company for reasons like that. Study the products and decide if they fit clients you work with. If you decide it's not a fit then that's ok. I am not saying this is yours or anyone's experience on here. Just things that I come across.

----------

I have not commented on the product. I am not an expert on Allianz products as I am not a fan of thier products.
I gotcha. Just habit of the industry wording here

----------

Creates a "captive" agent if not by formal agreement then by incentive. :)
Perhaps for some and that's a real shame. I can think of only one agent who submits business here that writes exclusively preferred business. He never calls for case design or info. He has written 9.3 million of the 360. I'm sure Allianz loves him haha. However, I'm happy about the fact that pretty much everyone else with us writes at least two carriers (out of the contracts we have). I was just saying that not nearly all preferred agents just write Allianz business (or even any Allianz for that matter).

Back