American General Annuities

SusieQ2

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone on here using American General for annuities? Had an IMO tell me they have some good ones. It hasn't been one of the companies that comes up for me in my research.

Let's guess...1.5% with a 75bp comp. Anyone else?

Lol. I wouldnt bet against that.

But sometimes the fraternals have rates that surprise you... so you never know.

----------

To the OP, I like AG Indexed Annuities right now. They have a new index from Merrill Lynch that has strong lookbacks. Renewal strength is the biggest question mark in my mind since I have no experience with their renewals... but they seem committed to the market.

2% guaranteed rate, 2.5% current yield which could change anytime with 60 day notice

----------

your close. 2% guaranteed rate, 2.5% current yield. you are right on commission.

Yes true 2 year surrender. They can continue the annuity after the 2 year period. Guaranteed rate stays as long as the client holds the annuity.

4 year, 2% guarantee, 2.625% current yield

Yes true 2 year surrender. They can continue the annuity after the 2 year period. Guaranteed rate stays as long as the client holds the annuity.

4 year, 2% guarantee, 2.625% current yield

I really don't like getting annuities from Fraternals but those rates are really good...

And they're in NY? I'm surprised to have never heard of them. What's the comp/contracting like?

Back