Annuity Ads

jmarkk1

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have an opportunity to do some radio advertising with local contemporary Christian music station. I'll be the sponsor of 2 hour period from 11-1pm.
I need 15 seconds for commercials. These will be live commercials and repeated at least 25 times each day.
What angle should I pitch?
MYGA?
Guarantee Income?
Etc?

Try not to quote rates, state insurance regulators review all advertising and can come after you for the most innocent statement.
Just FYI:

In New York (where I am) they like to drop by seminars and record what the agents say.
So I would assume they are like that in most places. Most focus heavily on advertising, radio and print. If your not sure ask the compliance officer. If your firm doesn't have one, consult the carriers, they will help.

Hope that helps.
:GEEK:

I'll make sure that message is compliant. I'm just looking for input on whether it should be product specific or hit on the concepts.

Like will MYGA rates excite people? Or would it be good to talk about income, preservation of principal, etc?

"Like will MYGA rates excite people?"
They should excite anyone out in radioland who have CD's making hardly anything.

How about if you were going to run similar ads in your area? What would you market because it would likely generate business?

Radio and print advertising are wastes of money in my opinion. You spend way too much and often don't get anything back. People just don't read the paper or listen to the radio like they used to.

Not looking for a critique on radio ads not working. I could bring the same kind of criticism to direct mail, etc.
I'll be spending very little on this advertising. ($25/week for 25 ads given in a 2 hour span 11-1pm on Wednesdays)

I am looking for best way to communicate my business to community. Do I hit on products? Do I hit on the way I do business? Etc

I have an opportunity to do some radio advertising with local contemporary Christian music station. I'll be the sponsor of 2 hour period from 11-1pm.
I need 15 seconds for commercials. These will be live commercials and repeated at least 25 times each day.
What angle should I pitch?
MYGA?
Guarantee Income?
Etc?

I would recommend hitting on the concepts versus specific products. Radio advertisement still works. It just depends on the time and the station you are on.

I would recommend hitting on the concepts versus specific products. Radio advertisement still works. It just depends on the time and the station you are on.

I know that I might be asking a lot, but where do I go to get help with a 15 second ad that's compliant and addresses key concepts.

I've gotten zero help from my current FMO

I know that I might be asking a lot, but where do I go to get help with a 15 second ad that's compliant and addresses key concepts.

I've gotten zero help from my current FMO

Im pretty sure Josh's IMO has radio ads for agents... Id ask him.

I also agree with him that concepts sell best. The only exception would be simple direct pitches such as "3.35% Guaranteed for 5 years, call Joe Advisor at xxx-xxx-xxxx for more info"

Back