Any FIA that Waive Surrender Charges Upon Disability?

DHK

RFC®, ChFC®, CLU®
5000 Post Club
I know Assurity waives surrender charges if the annuity owner becomes disabled, but it's "just a fixed annuity" and kinda boring, especially in today's interest rate environment.

Does anyone else?

Specifically for a Fixed Indexed Annuity?

----------

Looks like American National has a few.

I think GA covers disability. Allianz covers hospital confinement for over 35 days, plus LTC care (just because I happen to be looking at an allianz illustration at the moment..lol)

I would be interested in hearing more details of the case. My first thoughts are that if they couldn't make it through the surrender period on 10% annual free withdrawals and other more liquid assets than an annuity may not be their best option.

No actual case right now.

I'm working on a concept... but for the age group I'm targeting for this, planning for disability is a prudent step.

Last edited:
F&G offers waiver of surrender for home health care, nursing home, and terminal illness on most if not all of their FIA's. No charge for the waiver of surrender riders.

Unfortunately, because I'm in California... almost no carrier offers this on FIA, including ANICO that I mentioned earlier. It's in their literature, but with the disclosure that it's not available in CA.

Thanks though.

Unfortunately, because I'm in California... almost no carrier offers this on FIA, including ANICO that I mentioned earlier. It's in their literature, but with the disclosure that it's not available in CA.

Thanks though.
I just checked F&G's website and this is definitely available for their FIA's in CA. Their FIA's have some of the strongest caps in the industry right now. Unless you have a B/D restricting you from selling them because of their rating, they're a really great company to sell - great rates and riders for the consumer and good comp for the advisor.

----------

Waiver of surrender charge riders listed below.

Home Health Care Rider
If you require Home Health Care Services by a
licensed Home Health Care provider as a result of being impaired in performing
two out of six activities of daily living as outlined in your contract, and such care begins at least one year after the annuity’s effective date, surrender charges will be waived on withdrawals made while you are impaired.
• Nursing Home Benefit Rider
If you are confined to a licensed nursing home for more than 60 days, and your confinement begins at least one year after the annuity’s effective date, surrender charges will be waived on withdrawals made during the period of your confinement.
• Terminal Illness Benefit Rider
If a licensed physician certifies that you have been diagnosed with an illness or condition that causes your life expectancy to be less than one year, and the diagnosis takes place at least one year after the annuity’s effective date, surrender charges will be waived during this period of terminal illness.
All three available in CA. They also have the "Nursing Home Doubler" rider which doubles your GLIB payments.

Back