Anyone Ever Reported an Agent?

Anyone here ever reported an agent? I am pretty close…

Was doing a rollover for 80k from ING, Quintaflex, guy gets 1% fixed. 50 year old male. Retiring in 10 years from the school system. Anyways, guy makes 1% fixed, nothing more, nothing less. He has switched with the same agent like 3 times, from Valic (which had higher fixed rates) and such. Guy had like 6 statements, so I combined them all for a transfer to an FIA, that has caps at 24% for Month to Month S&P 500, have had a few clients come back with their 12 month performance at 19% the past 12 months. Most were in the 12-13% range. Anyways, so we are doing the rollover. GUy is happy. I go see him 2-3 more times, we call ING, they say its going through, no trouble.

4 weeks later, 5k of the 80k came in, I call the guy to see if ING has called him, he says he decided to cancel the transfer because his agent told him that even though his statement said he is only making 1% fixed, that he is doing much better than that and to not worry about what the statement says and that he assures he is doing better than what it says…

Whats even worse is the client BELIEVED HIM! I told the guy, listen, your account says EXACTLY what your balance is, and from there we can easily calculate performance…he then told me that do not tell him what it says, he knows what it says..LOL

So wtf do I do? This guy is almost a nemesis, he has told many of his former clients that if they open an account with him when they are starting DROP, that they HAVE TO MOVE THEIR DROP MONEY INTO THE ACCOUNT. I am getting tired of this crap. He's making honest agents look bad. What would you do?

Anyone here ever reported an agent? I am pretty close…

So wtf do I do? This guy is almost a nemesis, he has told many of his former clients that if they open an account with him when they are starting DROP, that they HAVE TO MOVE THEIR DROP MONEY INTO THE ACCOUNT. I am getting tired of this crap. He's making honest agents look bad. What would you do?
If you are going to take the time to make a complaint (FL DOI I assume?), you've got to have HARD evidence. He said this, she told me this kinda crap doesn't fly...

Otherwise, you are wasting your time.

Anyone here ever reported an agent? I am pretty close… Was doing a rollover for 80k from ING, Quintaflex, guy gets 1% fixed. 50 year old male. Retiring in 10 years from the school system. Anyways, guy makes 1% fixed, nothing more, nothing less. He has switched with the same agent like 3 times, from Valic (which had higher fixed rates) and such. Guy had like 6 statements, so I combined them all for a transfer to an FIA, that has caps at 24% for Month to Month S&P 500, have had a few clients come back with their 12 month performance at 19% the past 12 months. Most were in the 12-13% range. Anyways, so we are doing the rollover. GUy is happy. I go see him 2-3 more times, we call ING, they say its going through, no trouble. 4 weeks later, 5k of the 80k came in, I call the guy to see if ING has called him, he says he decided to cancel the transfer because his agent told him that even though his statement said he is only making 1% fixed, that he is doing much better than that and to not worry about what the statement says and that he assures he is doing better than what it says… Whats even worse is the client BELIEVED HIM! I told the guy, listen, your account says EXACTLY what your balance is, and from there we can easily calculate performance…he then told me that do not tell him what it says, he knows what it says..LOL So wtf do I do? This guy is almost a nemesis, he has told many of his former clients that if they open an account with him when they are starting DROP, that they HAVE TO MOVE THEIR DROP MONEY INTO THE ACCOUNT. I am getting tired of this crap. He's making honest agents look bad. What would you do?
I would move on, but know that next time I must prep the new client. "Listen, your former co or agent may try to tell you _____. If they do, what will be your response to them?"

Yeah, thats what I figured. I think the best thing to do is give the guy 5 years, when he has made a whopping 5% in 5 years and tell him how well my clients did! LOL. That and take all the guys business...

Yeah, thats what I figured. I think the best thing to do is give the guy 5 years, when he has made a whopping 5% in 5 years and tell him how well my clients did! LOL. That and take all the guys business...

You keep telling this prospect stuff, and he'll never believe you.

Why don't you let ING tell him what is going on with his account?

You keep telling this prospect stuff, and he'll never believe you. Why don't you let ING tell him what is going on with his account?
you have the ING statements yet he doesn't believe you- that means move on!

you have the ING statements yet he doesn't believe you- that means move on!

I'd call ING on the speakerphone and let the ING rep destroy everything the agent told the prospect. Odds are, the guy doesn't know how to read the statement and doesn't to admit it. So when his trusted agent is telling him the new guy is FOS, he is more inclined to trust his current agent. But when the actual company employee says, "Nope, it is 1%, that is how it works." You have just destroyed all credibility of the current agent.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. You put it best that if he reads his statements and still believes him, i should move on. Not trying to deal with idiots and get charge backs...

You keep telling this prospect stuff, and he'll never believe you.

Why don't you let ING tell him what is going on with his account?

Ding ding ding.....The problem now is getting back in. In the future since you and by you I mean the OP know the other agent will be back you have to get on the phone with ING and "verify info on the account" before you even bring up your alternative. You ask them what is the annuity value and surrender value, what is the surrender charge now and how does it change/reduce any bonuses, what is the guaranteed minimum interest and what is the current interest (also good idea to act surprised on a low current rate).

Now who is the client going to believe their lieing agent or the actual company. Side note I'm not familiar with the product you mentioned but are you sure its not a company that pays interests based on buckets and maybe only new dollars are getting 1% (easy to calculate if the account is getting more than 1%).

----------

Thanks for the suggestions guys. You put it best that if he reads his statements and still believes him, i should move on. Not trying to deal with idiots and get charge backs...

Well you did get 5k so do a review in a year this is what my product did and this is what his did, this is your option.

I have reported MANY agents. I strongly urge you to report this, here's why:

Lets say 5 years from now this man is still being taken advantage of by this agent. A son or daughter figure this out and lodges a complaint. If he even MENTIONS your name and that you "allowed" him to stay in that particular annuity you will be part of the investigation.

You obviously will be cleared, but it will be part of the public record and you will continuously explain yourself to new carriers as you get contracted.

Do yourself and the client a favor and report it.

Back