Anyone Out There Write the Nationwide Product?

SanDiego619

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
So just curious if anyone ever wrote the Nationwide New Heights product? Why or Why not?

They are relaunching it this June and it's looking pretty dang good from the information that I have so far...

Looks Good!!

Uncapped growth (without a spread on some strategies), new interest crediting index with better historical returns than the S&P 500, and one of the best payout factors for income in the business.

I don't mean to sound like a commercial, but I like it. Can someone chime in with the downside of this product?

Looks Good!!

Uncapped growth (without a spread on some strategies), new interest crediting index with better historical returns than the S&P 500, and one of the best payout factors for income in the business.

I don't mean to sound like a commercial, but I like it. Can someone chime in with the downside of this product?

Although my job isn't to pitch the downside... haha

I would probably say most common objection is going to be the fact that it's a 3 year pt to pt.

The fact that I am showing 36 states on my state approval chart (for the new version) is a bit of an annoyance. Just give me CA and IL at least!

The income rider with the bonus is expensive at 1.6% (non bonus version at .95%)

Although my job isn't to pitch the downside... haha I would probably say most common objection is going to be the fact that it's a 3 year pt to pt. The fact that I am showing 36 states on my state approval chart (for the new version) is a bit of an annoyance. Just give me CA and IL at least! The income rider with the bonus is expensive at 1.6% (non bonus version at .95%)

I think they make you choose if the income rider is based on joint or single life at the point-of-sale rather than at the time you turn the rider on.

That would be a huge negative if the spouse died or if they got a divorce after they bought the thing.

I think they make you choose if the income rider is based on joint or single life at the point-of-sale rather than at the time you turn the rider on.

That would be a huge negative if the spouse died or if they got a divorce after they bought the thing.

Thanks for throwing that out there. I just double checked and what you said is the case. Even in the event of a divorce (I think death as well, although I'm awaiting confirmation) you are still going to get a payout factor based on "joint." The spouse can be removed from the contract but you will still get a joint payout factor. Luckily I planned on pitching it to my peeps for accumulation and death benefit plays! :)

Again, thanks Newby!

Thanks for throwing that out there. I just double checked and what you said is the case. Even in the event of a divorce (I think death as well, although I'm awaiting confirmation) you are still going to get a payout factor based on "joint." The spouse can be removed from the contract but you will still get a joint payout factor. Luckily I planned on pitching it to my peeps for accumulation and death benefit plays! :) Again, thanks Newby!

Yeah I'm only going to use them for single people not married couples.

Thanks for throwing that out there. I just double checked and what you said is the case. Even in the event of a divorce (I think death as well, although I'm awaiting confirmation) you are still going to get a payout factor based on "joint." The spouse can be removed from the contract but you will still get a joint payout factor. Luckily I planned on pitching it to my peeps for accumulation and death benefit plays! :)

Again, thanks Newby!

Just sell it single and then sell them a permanent life policy if the difference in payout is big enough along with a few other considerations.

----------

I would probably say most common objection is going to be the fact that it's a 3 year pt to pt.

Yeah that is a huge downside. One of the biggest things that an annuity solves is sequence of returns risk and this annuity doesn't solve that.

Back