Anyone Work for Ameri-life?

Well to wrap up my complaint. All I got was a "sorry, that marketer was mistaken."

So I guess it is a SORRY agency.

I use to work for them. They DO NOT charge for leads. I worked in NC and know 25 agents who use to work for them. NO LEAD CHARGES. They pay reduced commissions as is, so why the reduced lead charges? The only leads that we paid for were auto dialers and that was at our option.

I would NEVER recommend them to ANYONE. 1) They DO NOT train. 2) You will be a bird dog for finding annuities for the Branch Manager or Branch Leader to make money (you split of course) but they go on trips, IA very very rare. 3) IF you leave before collecting all your commission or after you wrote a policy they will go back and re write it. 4) In our office the BL or BM was the only person on a annuity contract that was supposed to be split, thus shutting you out for any insurance company bonus 5) They DID not pay bonuses due to agents last year on CIGNA plans written as PROMISED! How do I know? I wrote 42, got 0 and was told to STOP complaining!!! O and our BM was more concerned with his bottom line vs the agents. 1 high producing agent had the FED MARSHALLS after him, he allowed this agent to hide and had the FED's come to the office several times looking for him. The FED's MARSHALLS don't play, they could have shut the office down and hauled our a**es in just on general principal!!!! Money makes them go round. ME too but not at the expense of others. O I can go on but why??

This is still S.O.P. The game plan, and they're pretty up front about it, is to patrol for annuities. Agents regularly knock on the door of people who just turned 65 and try to pitch them products. While you didn't pay for leads, there was a bond account, a monthly computer/office charge and you had to use their E&O company ($70/month). I think you can make money with them, if you're a seasoned health sales agent--but if you're a good agent, why would you mess with them?

First the disclosures: I haven't worked with them, and this info is old.

Some years back, I had a buddy that was with them. From what he told me, it's was an insurance nightmare...

Mandatory meeting at 8:30 every morning to get you motivated. If you don't show up - no leads ("no soup for you"). He said the leads were sh*tty anyway.

They didn't make appointments, just showed up and knocked on the door. You can waste a lot of time that way.

Take it for what it's worth - it isn't first hand, and it's a bit dated.

:1biggrin:Yes the E/O that is via CalSurance that you can get via several companies at a deeper discount then Ameri-Lie. The Desk fee so you won't be considered an employee is another JOKE, the bond account, yeah they hold your commissions 25% and up if you are negative and it's not like you get that money back when YOU want it, end of the year they give it back, IF you have a balance so they won't be taxed.

And if you are seasoned why go with them? Cold knocking on doors, 95% uninterested pre set appointments and the office bull? The money you waste in driving to those 95% pre sets you can save & buy your own list and mail it out. Have more control over your income and life!

After many years with this agency, I learned that they teach you how to lie, steal and cheat their agents and customers. I couldn't stand working around a bunch of crooks and had to leave.
They definitely use inferior companies to benefit their bottom line. very limited products for the consumer.

RUN RUN RUN

Just make sure you get your money first and DO NOT SIGN THE "BLUES"
It is a trap.

Last edited:
After many years with this agency, I learned that they teach you how to lie, steal and cheat their agents and customers. I couldn't stand working around a bunch of crooks and had to leave.
They definitely use inferior companies to benefit their bottom line. very limited products for the consumer.

RUN RUN RUN

Just make sure you get your money first and DO NOT SIGN THE "BLUES"
It is a trap.

I worked for them for about a year, then, I was pissed because we never got the CIGNA bonus we were promissed and frankly NO on had to date. Other things like you mentioned above pissed me off too.

Now what are "The Blues"??

Its interesting reading the postings from individuals on this forum. Its quite obvious that most of these individuals have failed and are looking for someone to blam other than themselves.

I have been with the company over 23 years and have many colleges that have been with the Amerilife 5, 10, 15, 20 years and have had a wonderful career. Its provided great products for there clients and provided a wonderful income to a great many families and put a lot a kids through college. If your looking for a great company and a long term career you could do a lot worst.

Its interesting reading the postings from individuals on this forum. Its quite obvious that most of these individuals have failed and are looking for someone to blam other than themselves.

I have been with the company over 23 years and have many colleges that have been with the Amerilife 5, 10, 15, 20 years and have had a wonderful career. Its provided great products for there clients and provided a wonderful income to a great many families and put a lot a kids through college. If your looking for a great company and a long term career you could do a lot worst.

It would be great there Daverain if you would spell properly when standing up for the company you work for.

There is a lady who works for us who is presently being hounded for $3,500 from Amerilife on a charge back.

The funny thing is SHE had sent Amerilife a letter last fall on them oweing her $3,500 in commissions!

Amerilife is a joke and has a horrible reputation among seniors in our area and most of what is in this thread I have seen first hand in a 2 month stint to sell one of their products.

Beware!!!!!

Back