Best Rate for a Fixed Period SPIA

Who offers highest yield on a 15-year fixed period SPIA?

You would have to run quotes on different companies and do the math on that. Typically a SPIA isn't going to give you much in term of a rate, you're looking at somewhere between 1% and 1.5% over the term of the SPIA. Take a look at American Equity, they are usually pretty good.

What are you trying to do with a 15 year SPIA?

You can run illustrations looking for the highest IRR. The last I checked WCL and Protective were running 2.92%.

There are other things that can pay a bit higher (7%-8%), but they also carry some mitigated risk. I hope this helps

Who offers highest yield on a 15-year fixed period SPIA?

If you can handle B++, Equitrust will likely have everyone beat. For A rated, Nationwide, Voya, MassMutual, and GW...you could also look at AE as Josh suggested.

----------

You can run illustrations looking for the highest IRR. The last I checked WCL and Protective were running 2.92%.

They've backed off a lot...

Hi Josh Landis,
This fixed annuity will be utilized to support the payments required for a 1031 sale and lease-back.

Hello TheFactor,
These are sophisticated risk assessment professionals who can well accept the risk concomitant with a 7-8% IRR. Moreover, at the end of the term they will still have the property as well, so they can handle some extra risk. Kindly advise me which carriers, please. I appreciate this. Thanks.

If you can handle B++, Equitrust will likely have everyone beat. For A rated, Nationwide, Voya, MassMutual, and GW...you could also look at AE as Josh suggested.

----------

They've backed off a lot...

I agree with TahoeRay, I haven't seen 2.92% or anything close to that lately, and with interest rates where they are, I can't see that changing much in the immediate future.

I agree with TahoeRay, I haven't seen 2.92% or anything close to that lately, and with interest rates where they are, I can't see that changing much in the immediate future.

Yes, Sir that is correct. There is a difference between an Internal Rate of Return (IRR), and an Annual Percentage Yield (APY).

One is based on a declining principal balance as with a SPIA; while the other is based off the entire principal balance.

I hope this helps.

Yes, Sir that is correct. There is a difference between an Internal Rate of Return (IRR), and an Annual Percentage Yield (APY).

One is based on a declining principal balance as with a SPIA; while the other is based off the entire principal balance.

I hope this helps.

I get the difference, the OP was asking what SPIA has the highest rate. I think most people would assume they are asking what is the annual rate of return over the course 15 years in this scenario based off of the original principal. That's why I said I don't know of any SPIA that will yield 2.92%.

There are other things that can pay a bit higher (7%-8%), but they also carry some mitigated risk. I hope this helps
Hello The Factor,
Thanks for the good response re fixed annuity rates. I looked at Alllianz and found 2.31%. Please advise: who is WCL?

Back