Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Annuities Forum

Reply to Career Direction Advice     
Old 05-08-2017, 06:05 PM   #1
Super Genius

State: Dix86 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Career Direction Advice Career Direction Advice
I know most of the guys on this forum are just trolls, so not sure I'm gonna get any actual good advice here, but I'll give it a shot anyway. I'm hopeful for a moment of serious forum chat. I've progressed in my career from a successful med supp producer/fmo, to a decent annuity producer, to helping open a 100M+ a year annuity firm in Florida, to most recently working at a bigger firm as a producer and doing occasional training (I've doubled my branches annuity production in 8 months) while maintaining my own business as well. I'm only 30, and as pathetic as it sounds I'm feeling a bit burnt out on client meetings. I really enjoy working with agents/producers helping build their business, but I'm not sure I'm cut out to be a wholesaler, and I don't really want to leave South Florida. What else is out there that I could do? Is annuity consulting a worth while pursuit? Has anyone done this independently with success? Any help or direction would be appreciated, and lets try to keep the trolling to a minimum. Thanks in advance.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Career Direction Advice

Old 05-08-2017, 06:55 PM   #2
Guru

State: Tahoe Ray is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
Tahoe Ray is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Career Direction Advice
Originally Posted by Dix86 View Post
I know most of the guys on this forum are just trolls, so not sure I'm gonna get any actual good advice here, but I'll give it a shot anyway. I'm hopeful for a moment of serious forum chat. I've progressed in my career from a successful med supp producer/fmo, to a decent annuity producer, to helping open a 100M+ a year annuity firm in Florida, to most recently working at a bigger firm as a producer and doing occasional training (I've doubled my branches annuity production in 8 months) while maintaining my own business as well. I'm only 30, and as pathetic as it sounds I'm feeling a bit burnt out on client meetings. I really enjoy working with agents/producers helping build their business, but I'm not sure I'm cut out to be a wholesaler, and I don't really want to leave South Florida. What else is out there that I could do? Is annuity consulting a worth while pursuit? Has anyone done this independently with success? Any help or direction would be appreciated, and lets try to keep the trolling to a minimum. Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure what annuity consulting is but I've been an independent annuity wholesaler for almost 7 years (10+ years as an "employee" wholesaler prior to that).

It does grind on you...no doubt. But it can also be very rewarding.

I'm not sure that I could help in any way but if you ever wanted to talk through options, I've been around the block and would be happy to help.

Let me know and I'll pm you my number.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:33 PM   #3
DHK
Guru
DHK on Career Direction Advice

State: DHK is an Insurance Agent from California
DHK is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Career Direction Advice Re: Career Direction Advice
If you have the skills/resume, what about the advanced underwriting team of a larger company to help with advanced planning cases?

I won't tell you the money is there, but it would be a different intellectual challenge. Typically, these positions may look for those with a JD, CPA, CLU/ChFC, CFP, and other credentials, but they're not mandatory if you have experience.

Just another thought.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:23 AM   #4
Guru

State: scagnt83 is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
scagnt83 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Seems that only trolls have responded so far
Old 05-09-2017, 04:53 PM   #5
Super Genius

Career Direction Advice Re: Career Direction Advice Dix86 is the thread starter for: Career Direction Advice

Thank you guys for the serious replies. Ray maybe I'll take you up on that and we can chat in the not so distant future.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:32 PM   #6
Guru

State: Tahoe Ray is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
Tahoe Ray is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Career Direction Advice
Originally Posted by Dix86 View Post
Thank you guys for the serious replies. Ray maybe I'll take you up on that and we can chat in the not so distant future.
No worries. Feel free.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:14 AM   #7
Super Genius

State: Whirleybird is an Insurance Agent from
Why not take a month out of the country to recharge the batteries?
Old 05-11-2017, 03:59 PM   #8
Super Genius

Career Direction Advice Re: Career Direction Advice Dix86 is the thread starter for: Career Direction Advice

I wish man, I have two small kids, can barely get a weekend to recharge, much less a month! Wishful thinking, one day!
Old 05-12-2017, 08:43 AM   #9

State: tjbh is an Insurance Agent from
Dix86: Career advice from you... I'm getting into the wholesale side, I need advice on how to recruit. I know it's the hardest part of the job, but I'll take advice from anywhere. Let me know if you have a few pearls of wisdom.
Reply to Career Direction Advice 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Annuities Forum