Career Direction Advice

Dix86

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I know most of the guys on this forum are just trolls, so not sure I'm gonna get any actual good advice here, but I'll give it a shot anyway. I'm hopeful for a moment of serious forum chat. I've progressed in my career from a successful med supp producer/fmo, to a decent annuity producer, to helping open a 100M+ a year annuity firm in Florida, to most recently working at a bigger firm as a producer and doing occasional training (I've doubled my branches annuity production in 8 months) while maintaining my own business as well. I'm only 30, and as pathetic as it sounds I'm feeling a bit burnt out on client meetings. I really enjoy working with agents/producers helping build their business, but I'm not sure I'm cut out to be a wholesaler, and I don't really want to leave South Florida. What else is out there that I could do? Is annuity consulting a worth while pursuit? Has anyone done this independently with success? Any help or direction would be appreciated, and lets try to keep the trolling to a minimum. Thanks in advance.

I know most of the guys on this forum are just trolls, so not sure I'm gonna get any actual good advice here, but I'll give it a shot anyway. I'm hopeful for a moment of serious forum chat. I've progressed in my career from a successful med supp producer/fmo, to a decent annuity producer, to helping open a 100M+ a year annuity firm in Florida, to most recently working at a bigger firm as a producer and doing occasional training (I've doubled my branches annuity production in 8 months) while maintaining my own business as well. I'm only 30, and as pathetic as it sounds I'm feeling a bit burnt out on client meetings. I really enjoy working with agents/producers helping build their business, but I'm not sure I'm cut out to be a wholesaler, and I don't really want to leave South Florida. What else is out there that I could do? Is annuity consulting a worth while pursuit? Has anyone done this independently with success? Any help or direction would be appreciated, and lets try to keep the trolling to a minimum. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what annuity consulting is but I've been an independent annuity wholesaler for almost 7 years (10+ years as an "employee" wholesaler prior to that).

It does grind on you...no doubt. But it can also be very rewarding.

I'm not sure that I could help in any way but if you ever wanted to talk through options, I've been around the block and would be happy to help.

Let me know and I'll pm you my number.

If you have the skills/resume, what about the advanced underwriting team of a larger company to help with advanced planning cases?

I won't tell you the money is there, but it would be a different intellectual challenge. Typically, these positions may look for those with a JD, CPA, CLU/ChFC, CFP, and other credentials, but they're not mandatory if you have experience.

Just another thought.

Thank you guys for the serious replies. Ray maybe I'll take you up on that and we can chat in the not so distant future.

I wish man, I have two small kids, can barely get a weekend to recharge, much less a month! Wishful thinking, one day!

Dix86: Career advice from you... I'm getting into the wholesale side, I need advice on how to recruit. I know it's the hardest part of the job, but I'll take advice from anywhere. Let me know if you have a few pearls of wisdom.

Back