Dean Cipriano's Marketing System

James said:
honestagent said:
Okay folks. Thanks for the caveats. Seriously. I guess I was gullable there for a while thinking there would be a nice system somewhere out there where qualified prospects call you (yes while sitting around in my panties..) but such is not the life! That's okay though... I'm used to canvassing but my new shoes still have to adjust.

Thanks again.

Now if you are a female the idea of sitting around in you panties would bring about a whole different picture to mind! Just Kidding! :D

No the fact is if you want to sell you have to work at it. Have a plan, whatever that is, go out and do your plan and more than likely no matter how bad your plan is, if you work it you'll see some success. The worst thing outside of a bad plan is no plan or worst a $(^$)W#Q% System you may purchase!

Yet though, if you tell us what you really want many here can give you a good plan of action. Yet you seem to be all over the board, if you settle on something and decide to see it thru let us know what that is! If you do I'm sure you can recieve a lot of good advice from many here. Yet you have to pick one thing and stick with it!

Hello there,

Yes I am all over the board literally and figuratively. For the past 6 years now I have been in the bz. (initially starting with annuities and wanting only to do annuities) and was always being persuaded (to say nicely) into selling other products prior to annuities such as: final, term, and MAs. That said, lots of bruises and burns which has led me back to a full-time day job in - between the six years because other people were not holding up their end of the bargain. I'm being overly sweet with the preceding statement.

I midstream quit my recent day job (mind you I've been trying to build my own book over the years but juggling 2 careers is tough) to do medicare fulltime to launch me back into the life bz. full time so I can focus on a niche. My short term goal was to write a lot of MAs, build a nice cushion, while I got my long term goal moving.. moving toward annuities. Well, I did my part. And I did it exceptionally well. I'm at the mercy of the insurance company paying me what is rightfully mine now and it makes it really tough to go back out there when I'm not sure what's coming, and when - while momentarily - bills need to be payed and the area I sell in is not right in my backyard.

Now, moving along.... yes it's panties.

Who is Sti?

And I really don't want to peddle a couple of hundred dollar commissions for the remaining of my life; so, larger commissions and stronger yields on book retention is what I seek. I am still thinking of annuities. I cannot believe I am still ruminating this business after all I have been though; my friends and family think I am insane. Literally. If you have any suggestions, I am more than happy to hear. Right now, I'm thinking a 9 - 5er isn't so bad because I know I will HAVE $$$ at the end of pay period. !!! I am saddly saying.

honestagent said:
And I really don't want to peddle a couple of hundred dollar commissions for the remaining of my life; so, larger commissions and stronger yields on book retention is what I seek. I am still thinking of annuities. I cannot believe I am still ruminating this business after all I have been though; my friends and family think I am insane. Literally. If you have any suggestions, I am more than happy to hear. Right now, I'm thinking a 9 - 5er isn't so bad because I know I will HAVE $$$ at the end of pay period. !!! I am saddly saying.

First off I would highly suggest securing an income for yourself. I remember someone having a problem of getting paid on MA's, I guess that is you then? Sorry to hear that and I surely hope you can straighten it out to your satisfaction.

I will suggest though, if you can sell MA's you can sell Supplements, which isn't a bad life! Personally I rather put my future for now on Supplements first and MA's second and Annuities last if I was concentrating on the senior market. The senior market is as everyone suggest the most loyal at least so far in my expierence and the retention shouldn't be a problem if you stay in front of your clients.

James said:
honestagent said:

First off I would highly suggest securing an income for yourself. I remember someone having a problem of getting paid on MA's, I guess that is you then? Sorry to hear that and I surely hope you can straighten it out to your satisfaction.

I will suggest though, if you can sell MA's you can sell Supplements, which isn't a bad life! Personally I rather put my future for now on Supplements first and MA's second and Annuities last if I was concentrating on the senior market. The senior market is as everyone suggest the most loyal at least so far in my expierence and the retention shouldn't be a problem if you stay in front of your clients.

Right... I am working on this now. Thanks James.

We're all different but it is much easier to build a base if you concentrate on a market or a particular product. That focus also attracts people who are looking to buy. I think that focused attitude serves as a magnet.

But nothing in life is the guarantee it once was. I read an article recently where they are forecasting a lot of annuity agents will be gone in 5 yrs.

Could be tighter regulations, liability, who knows. Go visit W>V>Harris website....

I was one of those stupid guys that bought Dean's system when I was just
starting out in the Ins. Biz. His selling system is a absolutely joke. I sent it back and got all of my money refunded. To any one considering buying that crap. Don't waste you money. It's a total scam.

Dean Cipriano's System

Alright, I have a confession. I too have bought Deans system. At first I used it as a door stop. But after a few months, I figured I had better dig into it and see if it worked or not before the guarantee expired.

The first time I used one of his newspaper inserts my phone rung off the hook. It was a Tuesday morning, and by 1:00 in the afternoon, I had 53 leads that called my office. Now I'm not going to sugar coat it either. Not everything that I have tried in his system has worked that well. But I am hooked on the emotional response marketing that he teaches.

And I can see where it wouldn't be for everyone. It does take some patience. And when a marketing flops, it can be frustrating. But I can honestly say, I have had more victories using Dean's system over the past 3 years than I had with any prospecting method or technique prior.

Melmunch3 said:
At least you gotta appreciate that he actually gave a refund. Some of these scams will not do so.

From what I have heard on other forums is that Dean does honor his guarantee and will refund money back. Of course some say it takes a while but they did eventually get their money back. Never heard this guy was anything but honest in his business. He honestly admits he makes his money in his pajama's, now that is honesty.

When I took out Dean's system he was pushing fax blasting business owner for term life. I send out 10,000 faxes got 15 call backs 10 of them were ready to rip my head off for sending them a fax. I actually got one appointment that did't buy. He wanted $ 1,800 to do the fax blast, I found a company that did it for less than half of what he charged.

After I wasted money on the fax blast his attorney advised him not to be fax blasing anymore.( this was when the do not call list was going into effect )

He then contacted me with this new sceam that was getting incredible results (as he said} For a meager $ 1,800 he would mail 1,000 coconuts
with some wity message writin on it sent to business owners. This was suppost to have my phone ringing off the hook. Thats when I ask for my money back.

I then took his emotional selling system concept and tried it to postcards. Got the usual, half percent responce made a few sales and barely broke even.

Back