Dean Cipriano's Marketing System

Dean Cipriano's System

From what I can tell, Dean hasn't used fax blasting for years. Back before I bought his system. So I really can't comment on that except for the fact that he has never offer that method to me. But I have talked to some of his long time members that say it used to work really well.

All I can say is his marketing system gives you a lot of options. You can take an ad out of his program and use it a few times and get a lot of leads. But sooner or later, it will lose it's effect. That's just the nature of marketing. Especially if you keep going to the same market.

So you just have to change it up here and there. You ahve to diversify your message and market in different areas. Otherwise, your success will be short lived.

ALright, I'm getting off my soapbox. But one last thing... I would rather spend time developing my marketing skills that get leads to pick up the phone and call me instead of wasting hours on end cold calling. Or pissing my money away on internet leads that have been sold to another 50 agents. Atleast I know my leads are fresh. ANd if I can't close them, well it's my own damn fault.

Re: Dean Cipriano's System

The Closer said:
From what I can tell, Dean hasn't used fax blasting for years. Back before I bought his system. So I really can't comment on that except for the fact that he has never offer that method to me. But I have talked to some of his long time members that say it used to work really well.

All I can say is his marketing system gives you a lot of options. You can take an ad out of his program and use it a few times and get a lot of leads. But sooner or later, it will lose it's effect. That's just the nature of marketing. Especially if you keep going to the same market.

So you just have to change it up here and there. You ahve to diversify your message and market in different areas. Otherwise, your success will be short lived.

ALright, I'm getting off my soapbox. But one last thing... I would rather spend time developing my marketing skills that get leads to pick up the phone and call me instead of wasting hours on end cold calling. Or pissing my money away on internet leads that have been sold to another 50 agents. Atleast I know my leads are fresh. ANd if I can't close them, well it's my own damn fault.

Hi there.

Thanks so much for replying. You know, I sat in on one of his tele - webimars and wow! That emotional drip or non drip marketing system had me provoked,compelled, and really really thinking! I tell ya! I agree so much with what you said up above and in your other post about cold calling v. his system, and having to change up the marketing techniques or network to different areas as well as the other things you mention.

Bottom line I've learned so far is the key to any business success is marketing. Period. One can have thee best product but if one cannot get in front of the qualified, viable buyers... well... I know you know.

So I'm thinking I will only gain if I buy into his program. Do you endorse this? I have to assume you do.

Now, there is no shame in trying something out. You have succeeded with it. I know Cipriano carries a stigma of some sort which is why I initially posted the thread. But after that call, he had me really thinking about marketing techniques to provoke, disturb, etc. etc. I know from my own personal choices that I reacted in my life - many are imputed to when I finally was disturbed enough (either something happened or someone made me realize) and I made the decision to react and act. And that's what we want in this business too.

Thank you very much again.

Honest.

Dean Cipriano is a good marketer. That's why you are sucked in to his pitch.

He does fax blast to agents. I get one of his faxes at least weekly.

Anyone's marketing methods will work if you apply them. If you want to follow Don Lapre's pitch and place tiny ads in classified sections it will eventually work. Same thing for standing on a busy street corner handing out flyers or business cards.

Anything that get's your name, and your service or product in front of the public will work. Some generate a better return than others, but they all will eventually get you prospects and someone will buy.

My most effective marketing tool is referrals. They take a long time to develop but my referral sources come thru with solid prospects almost every time. Referrals cost me nothing other than my time and my closing ratio is rather high.

I passed a referral off to one of the board members here a few weeks ago. The lady lived in another state where I was not licensed. Got a nice note from the agent thanking me for the referral. He said he wished all his clients were like that.

I make nothing off that. Maybe some day he will have the opportunity to return the favor, maybe not. Maybe some day the lady who called me will find someone in GA looking for insurance and will send that person my way. Maybe not.

If you want to spend hundreds, or even thousands on a marketing system you will eventually find prospects and make sales. I know some folks that spent several thousand on a seminar system a few years ago. They still do 3 - 4 seminars a year at a cost of $7000 - $10,000 per seminar. The system works for them and will probably work for you. I should tell you the first year they barely broke even, spending close to $20,000 for the system and promoting the seminars. By the second year they did better and they have been doing the seminars now for probably 5 years. They work quite well but most folks wouldn't have the funds, nor the persistence, to keep working the system.

And this . . .

The folks selling the system make far more than most agents that buy their system. The reason is, the folks who buy the system never follow through while the system marketer is still out there years later with his same pitch. Probably 80% or more who buy the system will ever make a profit from it.

So which group will you be in? The 20% who like the sytem and make it your own or the 80% who want to say it is a ripoff?

Any one of us could do what he's doing. We could pack seminars with brand new agents and even unlicened people planning on getting into the health insurance biz. We could charge "whatever" for the seminar - say a few hundred bucks.

We'd go over how to get appointed, how to market and how to close people. That's standard info to seasoned agents and anyone could say "those seminars are rip-offs! He's just giving people information they can find anywhere for free!" You could also say that if 100 people came to a seminar I ran on how to be an independent health insurance agent and work from your home that 95% would never put a single policy in underwriting. So is that a con? Greg Loerzel is my RSD and he's a fantastic guy. Probably 90% of everyone he contracts don't write a deal. I don't think he's running a con.

I could have people pay for "NEVER COLD CALL AGAIN, NEVER BUY SHARED LEADS AND NEVER WAIT FOR YOUR PHONE TO RING!" What is it? Hire a telemarketer.

We give out free info one this board but that doesn't necessarily mean it's unethical to charge for it. More than once I've thought about holding job seminars; pack a room and tell people that you can indeed sell health insurance from home. There are A LOT of solid salesmen out there pounding out 70 hours weeks driving all over creation to make $50,000. There are a lot of fantastic salesmen who don't see their kids because of the hours they work.

I've been to some good seminars where the host was brutally honest. A remember a line from one I went to a few years ago:

"I want everyone to look at the person behind them, now to the right, now to the left, and now in front of them. Three of those four people just wasted their money on this seminar because they will never make it in sales. And let me explain why...."

He definitely had everyone's attention.

I'm not supporting or recommending Dean's system. What I'm saying is that you can't judge any system based on the success of the people who purchase it.

Re: Dean Cipriano's System

honestagent said:
The Closer said:

Hi there.

Thanks so much for replying. You know, I sat in on one of his tele - webimars and wow! That emotional drip or non drip marketing system had me provoked,compelled, and really really thinking! I tell ya! I agree so much with what you said up above and in your other post about cold calling v. his system, and having to change up the marketing techniques or network to different areas as well as the other things you mention.

Bottom line I've learned so far is the key to any business success is marketing. Period. One can have thee best product but if one cannot get in front of the qualified, viable buyers... well... I know you know.

So I'm thinking I will only gain if I buy into his program. Do you endorse this? I have to assume you do.

Now, there is no shame in trying something out. You have succeeded with it. I know Cipriano carries a stigma of some sort which is why I initially posted the thread. But after that call, he had me really thinking about marketing techniques to provoke, disturb, etc. etc. I know from my own personal choices that I reacted in my life - many are imputed to when I finally was disturbed enough (either something happened or someone made me realize) and I made the decision to react and act. And that's what we want in this business too.

Thank you very much again.

Honest.

Hey, I'm gonna be the first to admit it, I don't have all the answers. But I try to find as many answers as I can. I know that the answers that the industry serves up like cold calling or scrounging up referrals is not an exceptable solution for me.

I really get a kick out of marketing. Maybe that is why Dean's system works for me. Someone posted a note saying that Dean is a great marketer and that is why agents are roped into his "web." I would agree to that. But to me, that's more the reason to learn from him. I am getting better and better at marketing myself. If I had to start learning how to market on my own, I wouldn't know where to begin.

One last note before I hit the hay. I ordered Deans system once before. I never opened it and I sent it back when the expiration date was about to expire. So I sent it back. I was thinking to myself that I would have to take him to court to try to get my money back... But a couple days later, I called my credit card company and my account was reimbursed. After that, I felt that Dean is a man of his word.

So, you can always send it back before your guarantee expires if it doesn't work for you.

Best of luck,

I thank you very much for replying and for your prudent points about trying it out and marketing.

And yeah, you can have thee best product, but if you can't market it, then it's not going to benefit anyone! The key is any business is marketing and I have so much to learn about that.

Thanks again. Knowing also Dean is a man of his word helps much. If anything, I'm sure I'll glean some type of valuable info. from him, should I choose to order.

Back