Dean Cipriano's Marketing System

honestagent said:
I thank you very much for replying and for your prudent points about trying it out and marketing.

And yeah, you can have thee best product, but if you can't market it, then it's not going to benefit anyone! The key is any business is marketing and I have so much to learn about that.

Thanks again. Knowing also Dean is a man of his word helps much. If anything, I'm sure I'll glean some type of valuable info. from him, should I choose to order.

Surely learning how to market is nothing but a wonderful thing, yet the question should be, is Dean C. the place to go to get that there education? I would think if you looked around there might be better places to go and for the most part fairly inexpensive. I'm not sure what Dean C. charges but I would be willing to bet that it is overpriced. I would think that the idea of placing ad's in local papers would be easy to implement and with little thought a good book on Ad Writing that would cost maybe 10 dollars at Amazon or Books A Million would be a good investment or free if your local library has books on this subject.

Or you could go to places like LifePro an Agency (plus many others) that specializes in Annuities. They will likely give you basic ideas you can easily use and get you going. What you have to understand is none of this stuff is secretive and if you ask around you'll find everything you'll need to know. Its just as others have mention, you have to implement the ideas once you gather them up.

James, you make marketing sound so easy stupid. And perhaps it really is once the pieces to the puzzle are in front of me. Right now I'm trying to gather the pieces and I appreciate your feedback as well as the others whom have contributed.

I'm not seasoned here. I'm the cold caller guru and I'm so tired of this being my only know how.

I have much to learn. I've always been the cold caller and I'm so tired of it.

I'm looking for ideas to work a little smarter.

Thanks again; I'll look into what you've suggested as well as some of the other members' ideas.

I got on Dean's list a while back and listened in on a call a few days ago. I must admit that it is tempting me to order it.

The one thing, in my mind, that gives Dean some credibility is that he is a student of Dan Kennedy. Dan Kennedy is a marketing/copywriting genius...end of story. I know of several people I met at a business seminar a few years ago that are simply kicking ass using his copywriting and marketing methods. My problem is I just got involved with an industry that I knew nothing about and tried to run with it, and ended up biting off way more than I could chew. I do know several people that have had great success, including a personal trainer from Australia and a physician from my native Pennsylvania. These are guys that came to the same marketing seminar I did and grew their businesses--BIGTIME!!! They're not "how-to" shills peddling nothing more than marketing systems. The thing is...I never thought they would work in the insurance/financial industry. Who knows? Maybe Dean's ads pull results.

I do know a few things that tempt me to order Dean's system. First, what you say means everything, especially in a saturated industry like insurance and financial services. You can walk out and knock on doors and say "Hey, how would you like to buy a life insurance policy from me today?" and you won't pull anything remotely close to the results a well-scripted pitch or ad that discusses a concept. For example, I've talked to people that were die-hard "buy term, invest the difference" thinkers and explained the concept of using permanent insurance for offsetting the maximum pension option and MECing a policy, when advantageous in certain situations. Even though these particular individuals did not buy from me, they commented that they saw the usefulness of those applications. What you say means everything. Second, closely related to the first, people will be more likely to buy when you awaken an emotional need. Truely, nobody does give a sh*t about "Like a Good Neighbor", "You're in Good Hands", or I'll even admit "The Company You Keep". Financial strength and history, corporate philosophy and other such details are very important, but they, in and of themselves, don't do a damn thing to awaken a person from a slumber of having no idea why he needs your services.

It's hard to imagine that Dean's ads don't pull good results. Whether they're highly profitable after your mailing and listing expenses remains to be seen. If you can't close, get poor mailing lists, have poor phone skills to set the appointment, etc. then most marketing methods will not work. Again, I'm not saying Dean's system is a six-figure income in a box kit for anyone, as I'm sure you need the rest of the skills (but, face it, most people that fail in insurance fail because of lack of quality prospects), but I'm just saying that long-copy, emotional headline marketing absolutely gets awesome results in many other industries.

James, you make marketing sound so easy stupid. And perhaps it really is once the pieces to the puzzle are in front of me. Right now I'm trying to gather the pieces and I appreciate your feedback as well as the others whom have contributed.

I'm not seasoned here. I'm the cold caller guru and I'm so tired of this being my only know how.

I have much to learn. I've always been the cold caller and I'm so tired of it.

I'm looking for ideas to work a little smarter.

Thanks again; I'll look into what you've suggested as well as some of the other members' ideas.

First, marketing is NOT easy for most people. Not just anyone can whip out a good long-copy ad that pulls results. You have to have a good pitch, understanding of the psychology, and you have to be a good writer among other things. Great copywriters make seven-digit incomes and if it were a simple matter corporations would just do it in-house or outsource it to India.

Second, cold-calling seems to be a bitch to me. I haven't really dug in and done it to this point, though I'm doing some next week. Honestagent, what are your cold-calling numbers and percentages? I'm just curious.

Insider Spam

He is smart, smart enough to spam boards like this with "in favor of" statements that look real. I've done it myself in my former business, I would spam boards, the usenet, anything that would allow me to type away unfettered.

He is smart, smart enough to spam boards like this with "in favor of" statements that look real. I've done it myself in my former business, I would spam boards, the usenet, anything that would allow me to type away unfettered.

yea....not on my boards......hahahahahhaahahaha.............

You're suggesting that "The Closer" might be Dean Cipriano? STI, is there any way you can check the IP address? I am aware of a problem with this internet environment where anyone can post anything. I hear authors love to give 5-star reviews of their works on Amazon.

Again, my only contribution is that direct response/longcopy advertising draws great results. I never thought it could be applied well to the financial industry because most of this stuff is about as interesting as watching paint dry. The sample headlines Dean uses seem good. All I'm saying is I would think Dean's system would pull results. And I'm sure it does...as any system will produce some results if you use enough of it...but whether it is really profitable after you consider the mailing costs, printing costs, etc. remains to be seen.

These are guys I met at a direct response marketing conference that are kicking ass:

www.spartanhealth.com
www.thinkandreachpar.com
www.drdavesbest.com

Their copy is well-written and emotional, enough to turn a moderately interested person into a highly interested person, in many cases.

You figured me out...

You got me, I'm Dean. Youi guys crack me up. I know this is disgusting, but I just shot milk out of my nose when I read that. I barely have time to interact on this forum. I can't imagine Dean participating in something like this. But thanks for the laugh anyway. Hey, Just so you know, I still support George Bush. Even though he isn't so popular anymore. Maybe you can say I'm him too.

Really. That made me laugh.

Back