The Different Marketing Techniques for Leads

Mattm

AZ
Hello everyone!

I caught wind of this forum from Google while doing searches and think it is great! I’ve only looked through discussions until now. It seems like there are some very good and smart producers on here. Also, agents that know how to market! I am a big fan and asking for some help finding a/some new marketing ideas that are working for you! I would say I am very knowledgeable and ethical. However, my stumbling block is marketing and finding new clients. I’ve tried an array of marketing techniques but haven’t stuck with any (that have been worthwhile) as far as dripping. I’ve bounced between business owners, life and annuity leads. I’d like to concentrate on annuities right now. Please let me know if you have anything that works in the below areas!

Google Marketing: Haven’t tried yet but know a system that will get you on the front page and a good IT guy that will also show me how to do this myself. Is anyone finding this successful? If so what keywords are you using? Likely to also give this one a shot (local area only).

Social Marketing: I’ve seen some talk about this but not too sure on it. Is anyone having luck with this and if so what exactly are you doing? I also have a guy that could help me if I give him some direction here.

Internet lead companies: I know they can be hot and cold. Does anyone have a good company that’s working right now? This could be the cheapest and quickest way up if there’s a decent one. I’ve found a ton of them and tried a few with no luck. I would like to have another go at it with a good one. Also found another booklet one which imprints a pic & bio inside with $20 captive leads off mostly Google banners. May give that one a try but would like to hear from you!

Direct Marketing: Has worked in the past but is it getting too saturated? I tried a good piece earlier this year that has previously pulled in about 3%. This time however it didn’t get a single lead. The biggest problem may have been the list with a new vendor I tried & new market (auto/Gen). I see a new one for Roth’s from a Texas vendor that is supposed to do ok and am thinking about it. What if anything is working for you? I’d really like to try again with something that may work.

Misc: I also invested a little over $5K in a whole system that combines telemarketers, email’s and a tracking callback system for business owners. We could see how it could be ok however didn’t get a single solid lead. I used part of the list I had from the mailers and found out that was the main problem combined with a new test market. However, I still didn’t get anything out of it. Yes, this one hurt.

Seminars/Radio: Not interested in this time. The dinners seem to work for others and know of a company that does well but don’t wish to invest the higher amount at this time.

I’d really appreciate any responses you might have! I have a lot on the plate this year as I plan on getting married and would also like to find my next house (especially with these deals & rates) this year. I’m starting a little tight with funds after this last year. This is my first post so I don’t believe I can PM so please send specific responses to my email: Mattm142199 at yahoo.

Glad to see you on this post! Nice job on the FF I noticed before! I've actually won the majority of previous years played! Missed the playoffs this year by 1 game (also lost a game by 3 points when MJD took a knee, lol) and would have won out in the playoffs. Toughest schedule but that's just how it works sometimes.

I'm in AZ and looking to do fixed indexed annuities, would like to focus on the income rider age group however will only suggest where the need fits. Also willing to do CD replacement if there's a good marketing tool available. On a monthly basis a couple hundred would be ok right now. Of course if something is working I'd dump profits right back in to increase that amount. I know that's on the low end so that's one reason I'm looking for help! Willing to increase if there's something that's working out there.

Last edited:
Here's a suggestion - normally what we recommend is (since there is already TONS of valuable information on the forum already) is you grab yourself a 6 pack (these days, might want to go for 30), and spend a weekend just poring through older posts.

Many times, the answers you seek are already there.

Welcome, grasshopper.

Thanks for the replies. I have searched here quite a bit under leads. It seems like the better kept secrets always seem to be PM'd or emailed. I'll always keep looking but it seems difficult to tell which lead sites continue to work with the older posts and other agents saying they don't work. I do need to keep looking though (a lot here to read through).

Facebook - good point! I did previously see that facebook was cheaper to market on. Have you had much luck there? I wasn’t sure about the demographics.

Thank you to everyone so far! I am also willing to put 1-2K down for any direct marketing or other program that works for you if you'd like to share. Especially if the ROI is there. Please let me know!!

Oh, I've also heard about the 2nd look tax service and found another group that says they're implement a tax service. With the season here has anyone had luck with any specific tax pieces or leads they wouldn't mind sharing?? Maybe that is a new post?

Last edited:
Back