Ed Slott-elite IRA Advisors

annuityseller

Guru
100+ Post Club
Any one here belong to this group. It's very expensive to join(payment every year) The info in unbelievable as I've been to his one day class but haven't done the 2 day thing yet. He;s become the IRA expert for america thru public TV. I'd like to take advantage of a connection to him (Marketing wise if it made sense money wise).any suggestions??I know some of the big producers in the senior market mag (don't want to name names) belong to his elite group and they use the connection in there seminars in various ways.I

I ask nearly everyone I meet either at a seminar or in the first meeting if they know who Ed Slott is. I have only one so far that knows, and has also read Slott's books. I then agree that Ed is a good guy and I affirm that I have also read his books and that he has a lot of good advice. I then key what I say to what I already know his leanings are if he says he likes Slott.

There, I now have nearly as much credibility as someone who is in his elite group for the one single person who knows who Ed Slott is.

People are not as savvy as we give them credit for.

Ed Slott's stuff is good. Probably some of the best stuff around on IRA's.

Larry Klein had good stuff too.

Doesn't mean you have to pay to learn his stuff.

Check him out on Amazon before getting too deep.

Ed is a nice counter balance to Susie Orman and to Dave Ramsey. He preaches the value of life insurance to retirees.

Last edited:
Ed is a nice counter balance to Susie Ormond and to Dave Ramsey. He preaches the value of life insurance to retirees.

I agree. It's nice to see someone on the insurance agent side. Most of the so called financial guru's portrait us as evil. While I think Suze Orman has some good things about wills and seems to relate emotionally to women on finances, and Dave Ramsey seems to be great at debt reduction, they both seem to have a one size fits all plan. I think each client and situation is unique and should be handled that way.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ed Slott's stuff is good. Probably some of the best stuff around on IRA's.

Larry Klein had good stuff too.

Doesn't mean you have to pay to learn his stuff.

Check him out on Amazon before getting too deep.

Great advice. I'm buying the books. I've never heard of him but he looks interesting. I've paid the big guru's before to go to the seminars, but it's usually just a rehash of the info in their books anyway.

Last edited:
I WAS ONE OF THE EARLY ELITE ADVSORS. SEEMS LIKE IT WAS ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO, INITIALLY YOU WERE REQUIRED TO ATTEND ED's TWO DAY SCHOOL TO BECOME AN ELITE ADVISOR. THE FOLLOWING YEAR HE STARTED JAMMING ADVISORS WITH LARGE FEES TO STAY AN ELITE ADVISOR. THE RENEWAL FEE LAST YEAR INCREASED AGAIN. I SAID NO THANKS TIME TO MOVE ON. AFTER ALL, YOU HAVE A C.P.A. THAT DOES NOT TALK ABOUT OPPORTUNITY COST, INFLATION, PROPENSITY TO CONSUME, USING THE VELOCITY OF MONEY MULTIPLIER! MR. SLOTT SEEMS TO MISS ALL THESE VERY REAL ISSUE'S. AFTER ALL, CPA's ARE TRAINED IN ALL THESE AREAS! WONDER WHY MR. SLOTT NEVER PUTS THESE ON HIS TABLE FOR DISCUSSION. MY EXPEREINCE WITH MR. SLOTT LEADS ME TO ONE CONCLUSION, HE IS AN "EXPENSIVE MICRO ADVISOR" AT BEST. GOOD LUCK AND BE READY FOR A LONG COSTLY JOURNEY. YOU MAY NOTICE IN HIS BOOKS HE SKATES AWAY FROM DISCUSSING OPPORTUNITY COST.

After reviewing the list of recommended books on Amazon, and seeing that # 13 was tax tips by a CPA from 1998, I decided to place an order for item # 14, a "Slotted Tip Screwdriver"... You can never have too many of those.

Screwdriver w/magnetic tip Amazon just covers all the bases, don't they.

Back