FMO Vs Paid Systems

joredbud

Anyone doing seminars on a regular basis?

Like at least 4 a month using direct mail and a custom presentation?

Last edited:
Anyone doing seminars on a regular basis?

Like at least 4 a month using direct mail and a custom presentation?

I know quite a few doing seminars consistently...4/mo is on the high side though. Normally, 2-3 dates every other month. There are likely people running more but the cost gets pretty extreme.

The seminars are mostly solicited through direct mail and the presentations vary based on the skill set of the advisor.

Ray, it looks to me like a fishing expedition here. Next comes the pitch as to the custom presentation.

Charpress = cynical ass

Here's my pitch:

I'm weighing the difference between going with an fmo that supplies all material vs buying a seminar system.

Got anything helpful Charpress??

Sorry my friend and I apologize.

In my experience being here a long time, when a second or third time poster says what you did, they are about to make a sales pitch, i.e. you market seminar packages.

Anyway, yes I might be helpful here. My inclination is to go with what the FMO offers if they are really good at what they do. As an example of where that is not a good idea, I have in mind one particular FMO that puts together a very tight (let's even say rigid) seminar that requires a sales process that seems to pull in some money, but I think is too cookie-cutter and a bit offensive in the way the seminar itself is done.

Most FMOs, and this is my preference, make materials available for your use, have mailing houses that are proven, discount prices for FMO members, and have first-class case design teams ready to go after the first appointment.

As for buying a seminar system, I would need to know more about what is provided, how much territory protection (if any) you get, and, most of all, what it costs. Doing seminars is expensive enough without adding a materials package.

I hope this helps a bit so far.

Is anybody even moving monies to annuities in today's poor interest market?

Yes, in record numbers. Where else can you get 7% compounded annually that can accumulate tax deferred to be taken out as lifetime guaranteed income down the road?

And riders to double available income in the event of long term care needs is sweet, sweet.

All the companies are falling over each other to make annuities a very attractive proposition.

Yes, in record numbers. Where else can you get 7% compounded annually that can accumulate tax deferred to be taken out as lifetime guaranteed income down the road?

And riders to double available income in the event of long term care needs is sweet, sweet.

All the companies are falling over each other to make annuities a very attractive proposition.

Perhaps then, I should hone-up on that market and give it a second look? I suppose you still have to get certified..?

Not sure what you mean by certified. Is it the 4 hour annuities CE that you are talking about? If so, I did that on WebCE in about 30 minutes and for a very low price.

I am actually appointed to a carrier that has annuities. I have shied away from annuities because of the tax expertise that breaches into our licensing. Do you have securities licensing, or do any of your colleagues consider that?

Back