FIFO - Indexed Annuity?

JoeAnnuity

Expert
Does anyone know what the author is referring to in this Annuity Outlook article?

(sorry I cant post the link to the article, but google "fifo-fixed indexed annuity"

Much has changed in the last year and now there are even more powerful tools available to help clients bridge the gap while delaying Social Security and creating a steady stream of retirement income. Two products I’d like to introduce are what I call a FIFO™ FIA (First In/First Out Fixed Indexed Annuity)

and

The other investment would be a fixed index annuity with a FIFO™ (First In/First Out) withdrawal feature that would be funded with the remaining $200,000. This is a new feature available on select annuity products that allows policyholders to delay all tax liability until 100% of basis is first recovered.

Does anyone know what the author is referring to in this Annuity Outlook article?

(sorry I cant post the link to the article, but google "fifo-fixed indexed annuity"

Much has changed in the last year and now there are even more powerful tools available to help clients bridge the gap while delaying Social Security and creating a steady stream of retirement income. Two products I’d like to introduce are what I call a FIFO™ FIA (First In/First Out Fixed Indexed Annuity)

and

The other investment would be a fixed index annuity with a FIFO™ (First In/First Out) withdrawal feature that would be funded with the remaining $200,000. This is a new feature available on select annuity products that allows policyholders to delay all tax liability until 100% of basis is first recovered.

How old is that article. The way I understand it...FIFO refers to annuities purchased prior to 8/14/1982. They allowed the principal to remain tax free.

The annuities offered after 8/14/1982 are LIFO(Last In First Out)which allow for taxation on withdrawals since interest is withdrawn first.

Note: I'm no expert. :laugh: Hopefully some one like Tahoe Ray will chime in.

If the policy was issued post TEFRA, then it is LIFO. I am not aware of any possible exception to this.

Unless if they have now, 32 years later, found a loophole to TEFRA. Then it would literally take an act of congress to change it...

Just post the link... it will not hyperlink, but we can copy and paste.
Google customizes searches based on previous search history and location... so we will not get the same google results as you do for the same term.

Ohhhhh with the secrets and inside jokes you two! :err:

Joke being the key word because we did not know until this morning.

Your answer is the new thread that was just posted.

To sum things up basically they use NQ funds in an IA with a Rider and never grow the account value.

Cant say Im a fan of the guy's strategy.

Back