Help an MBA Student?

JCameron

Hi all,

I would be ecstatic if you guys could help me out on a research project I'm working on. I am trying to understand the operational, day-to-day frustrations in the life insurance and annuity business.

Here are my classes requirements:

1. Reach out and talk to a professionals in your chosen market
2. Understand their day-to-day operational pain points
3. Create a hypothetical product that solves or addresses their pain point(s)

I have heard from the agents I've talked to so far that trust and getting the clients to understand the value and importance of the policy or annuity is a big hurdle, however, I am specifically looking to find out what tasks take the most time for you and which do you like the least?

My research is basically geared more towards what operational activities you have to do that you get frustrated with or wish you could wave a wand and make it/them disappear.

Here are a couple questions I came up with to get you thinking but any answer is appreciated:

1. What manual task in your daily routine would you like to automate?

or

2. What piece of software that you use makes you want to punch your computer?

or

3. What software do you wish to have but you do not?

or

4. What would you develop to make your day more productive?

or

5. What the most expensive problem in your business that could be automated?

I know you guys are all very busy and this will net you nothing but good karma but I would LOVE to hear some responses. Also, if you would rather talk than type it all out feel free to call me. Just PM me and I'll send you my phone number.

THANKS!

Jared

I'm not sure what part of dealing with the public (when it comes to Annuities) you could automate without going to jail.

You have to make sure the product is suitable as per the state, feds., and insurance companies are concerned.

You can automate phone calls and newsletters but you have to be involved in the application process or you could face some severed liability.

Most of us already scan in applications so we don't have to keep hard copies of apps.

Back