Which Income Benefit Riders Do You Like?

pcwest

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Nevada
Happy New Year!

In 2011, which company/product do you like going into the new year as far as income benefit riders are concerned?

Thanks,

I like the Allianz income riders, especially the MasterDex 5 Plus,for the increasing payment feature and the cost. The CPI linked increasing feature on the MasterDex X product is one I just used this week with a Client. I have used the Aviva line a lot in the past and Midland National's to some degree.

Sounds like Midland, Allianz, American Equity, and Aviva products are the most popular.

I guess it just depends on the rollup %, the years of rollup, age, simple vs compound, fees, and commish.

It hear that North American wants to jump into the Income Rider game very soon.

Right, NA is a Midland Company.

Midland's distribution of products are direct to agents. No FMO (middle men).

Midland got smart because they realized that FMO's have huge distribution lists and that is why they have North American to cater to FMO's...

They can make money direct and non-direct. Looks like it was a smart choice.

With the recent decreases in income rider rates for some of the more popular carriers I have been having a lot of luck with the different riders with Phoenix because they beat the payouts on American Equity and Allianz now. And when you add a 10% premium bonus all the way to age 85, it's tough to beat it at the older ages.

We are starting off 2011 with some proprietary products and if you other IMOs are interested give me a call because I'm looking to set up more partnerships for these niche FIA products.

-Scott

Back