Indexed Annuity Index Spread

jmhalvo

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
With Allianz spread up to 3.5, what do people think about American Equity s index? Spread is only 1.0

Is it uncapped as well?
Yes uncapped. Although you won't hear that term from AEI.

To be specific the spread is 1% on the Traditions Gold product. Which for those people who don't sell AEI, is really more their accumulation product (No bonus. 5.25% annual pt to pt 2.3 monthly pt to pt). The bonus products are understandably higher spreads at 2.25-2.5%.

As far as the index goes,

It seems decent to me but I feel like (based on recent performance and the composition of the index) upside potential is a little held back. The equity portion of the index is easy enough to understand and a pretty strong story. However, the 2nd portion of the index (3 month LIBOR) isn't going to return much. Now I know, it's not like the bond market is lighting up the world (referring back to BUDBI) but at least it has the potential to actually return something decent in a better bond market.

Keeping this brief, a lot of our guys are using Traditions Gold with a mixture of tradition cap methods and a portion of this index for accumulation plays or at least better upside potential. Then of course throwing on AEI's free rider. I don't think I have heard an app written 100% into AEI uncapped strategy like I have heard so many people do with Allianz' BUDBI. But that's just me...

With Allianz spread up to 3.5, what do people think about American Equity s index? Spread is only 1.0

Allianz still has the Core Income 7 which is a good product, spread is 2.25% and it's a 7 year product. Also, I like the Americo product for accumulation, although they have lowered the allocation from 80% uncapped S&P to 65%. Carriers are lowering rates and increasing spreads across the board. I was talking with a guy I work with Friday and I had to remind him that we can't compare products to what they used to be, but you have to compare them to what else is available. I don't know enough about the AE index to make any judgements, but I am always a believe in the S&P. I like S&P products because it's easy to understand and nobody is ever going to question or blame you for allocating money to the S&P like they might about some index which they don't know anything about how it works or what's in it.

Yes uncapped. Although you won't hear that term from AEI. To be specific the spread is 1% on the Traditions Gold product. Which for those people who don't sell AEI, is really more their accumulation product (No bonus. 5.25% annual pt to pt 2.3 monthly pt to pt). The bonus products are understandably higher spreads at 2.25-2.5%. As far as the index goes, It seems decent to me but I feel like (based on recent performance and the composition of the index) upside potential is a little held back. The equity portion of the index is easy enough to understand and a pretty strong story. However, the 2nd portion of the index (3 month LIBOR) isn't going to return much. Now I know, it's not like the bond market is lighting up the world (referring back to BUDBI) but at least it has the potential to actually return something decent in a better bond market. Keeping this brief, a lot of our guys are using Traditions Gold with a mixture of tradition cap methods and a portion of this index for accumulation plays or at least better upside potential. Then of course throwing on AEI's free rider. I don't think I have heard an app written 100% into AEI uncapped strategy like I have heard so many people do with Allianz' BUDBI. But that's just me...
Good stuff, thanks. I love going No Fee and Uncapped, even if it's not full SP

----------

Allianz still has the Core Income 7 which is a good product, spread is 2.25% and it's a 7 year product. Also, I like the Americo product for accumulation, although they have lowered the allocation from 80% uncapped S&P to 65%. Carriers are lowering rates and increasing spreads across the board. I was talking with a guy I work with Friday and I had to remind him that we can't compare products to what they used to be, but you have to compare them to what else is available. I don't know enough about the AE index to make any judgements, but I am always a believe in the S&P. I like S&P products because it's easy to understand and nobody is ever going to question or blame you for allocating money to the S&P like they might about some index which they don't know anything about how it works or what's in it.
Core Income 7 is 2.25 plus fee so ....only good for Income play not Accum

Back