As preparations are underway for the new DOL Fiduciary Rule implementation next year, sales figures this year are showing fixed indexed annuity sales are soaring while variable annuities are tanking. Are you seeing this?
And any surprises among the top 10 in 2016 YTD indexed annuity sales?
1. Allianz Life of North America - $5,838,461,000
2. American Equity Investment Life - $3,213,473,000
3. Great American - $2,051,809,000
4. AIG Companies - $1,948,989,000
5. Athene Annuity & Life Assurance - $1,599,301,000
6. Nationwide - $1,519,600,000
7. Midland National - $1,461,510,000
8. Symetra Financial - $1,200,439,000
9. Global Atlantic Financial Group - $1,144,104,000
10. North American Company - $1,000,964,000
The top 20 are listed in the article about this:
Insurance Forums | Indexed annuity sales top all-time record in 2Q, but declining variable sales drag overall totals to 3% decline