MetLife Products Rebranded As Brighthouse

DHK

RFC®, ChFC®, CLU®
5000 Post Club
http://www.fa-mag.com/news/metlife-...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Brighthouse Financial, an operating segment of MetLife Inc., is now offering annuity and life insurance products under the Brighthouse Financial brand as part of the process of separating the company from MetLife, Brighthouse announced Monday.

The rebranded products include Brighthouse Shield Level Selector Annuities, Brighthouse Variable Annuities with FlexChoice, and Brighthouse Premier Accumulator Universal Life. Brighthouse Financial also offers fixed, deferred and immediate income annuity products, as well as term life insurance, under the Brighthouse Financial brand.

Brighthouse Financial now is an operating segment of MetLife Inc., but the firms are in the process of separating. Brighthouse is the new name for the MetLife U.S. retail business.

Kinda sad to see snoopy going away. Met has been a staple in this country for a long time.

I don't want to get carried away about brand, but Met is a very valuable brand. Why in the world would they surrender it? I realize that one company gets the name, but wouldn't it be easier to re-establish a brand in the group market versus individual?

I don't want to get carried away about brand, but Met is a very valuable brand. Why in the world would they surrender it? I realize that one company gets the name, but wouldn't it be easier to re-establish a brand in the group market versus individual?

Govt regulation forced it from my understanding. But the Brighthouse thing is part of a bigger plan. For now we get to offer a lot of new stuff and I kind of like it. Things are changing in a good way so far.

It's this whole "SIFI" designation that means that MetLife is a company that is "too big too fail". So they're divesting assets to other entities to get rid of that classification.

----------

Mass owns Mets annuity book now, absorbed their captive force. I wonder what happened to the life book, did Mass get that too?

I don't think so - at least not yet.

BTW, MassMutual may have absorbed the captive agency force, but it's a separate broker/dealer. MMLISI (MML Investors Services, Inc.) was the original B/D for Mass, and there's MSI Financial Services Inc.

https://msi.metlife.com/wps/portal/...UserSyncServlet?params=/wps/myportal/rpp/home

That's probably good news because MassMutual prohibited the sale of indexed products, and I'm not convinced that MetLife had the same restrictions.

Mass owns Mets annuity book now, absorbed their captive force. I wonder what happened to the life book, did Mass get that too?

No. Although I know some MM guys are making the most of term orphans they had. Bright house is just 1 mill and up, so it isn't for everyone. My personal met policies changed to bright house.

----------

I am excited, but its all rolling out slowly. 1 chunk at a time. I needed to know 1 company and now there are at least 10. I am going through the forums and learning. We have some guaranteed issue, we never did before. We might even get an FE.

Govt regulation forced it from my understanding. But the Brighthouse thing is part of a bigger plan. For now we get to offer a lot of new stuff and I kind of like it. Things are changing in a good way so far.

They split up to avoid "Too big to fail". I get that. My point is, why give the Met name to the group business? Keep it for the individual weird the brand helps more. I don't believe the government picked who got the name?

They split up to avoid "Too big to fail". I get that. My point is, why give the Met name to the group business? Keep it for the individual weird the brand helps more. I don't believe the government picked who got the name?

I guess I don't understand, what you mean by group business? The name was kept for a lot of stuff, I think there are 200 offerings. The life/annuities part was a small part of it. P&C and dental and all of the other stuff is still MetLife plus a bunch of other things. I just got my new cards minus Snoopy and the Met name is still there.

I guess I don't understand, what you mean by group business? The name was kept for a lot of stuff, I think there are 200 offerings. The life/annuities part was a small part of it. P&C and dental and all of the other stuff is still MetLife plus a bunch of other things. I just got my new cards minus Snoopy and the Met name is still there.

Perhaps I misunderstand. I thought Met was keeping the group business (life, dental, DI, etc.) and maybe P&C. Brighthouse got all the individual business (life, annuities, DI, etc.).

Is that not the case?

Back