MMIC-Great American?

jdeasy

Guru
5000 Post Club
Hanson, Ky
CMIC-Great American?

Anyone have any info on Creative Marketing International Corporation, CMIC?

They are promising me pie in the sky annuties thru public workers in Ky, In, Tn, etc.

They want me to contract with Great American. Then they will give me training and set up all these leads where I would be the exclusive agent in a counties school system for instance. Or the fire dept or police dept. Stuff like that.

These appointments and the resulting leads are to be no cost to me.

Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited:
They are one of the FMO's I have contracts with. I am not sure you are totally grasping what they are offering. They are straight with me, but the lead program I use through them costs money. You are exclusive to zips and demographics as long as you are using the leads now service, but I pay for the mailings. Perhaps they have some leads that have already been paid for in your area with those demographics, but I would ask questions.

Which rep are you talking to?

They rep a lot of different annuity companies, not just GA. Perhaps GA has the best products in your area. Perhaps the leads are from some marketing dollars from GA in your area. I am contracted with GA through a different MA, but it is not one I sell.

They have a good training program that you come into KC for by invitation only.

Last edited:
They are one of the FMO's I have contracts with. I am not sure you are totally grasping what they are offering. They are straight with me, but the lead program I use through them costs money. You are exclusive to zips and demographics as long as you are using the leads now service, but I pay for the mailings. Perhaps they have some leads that have already been paid for in your area with those demographics, but I would ask questions.

They rep a lot of different annuity companies, not just GA. Perhaps GA has the best products in your area. Perhaps the leads are from some marketing dollars from GA in your area. I am contracted with GA through a different MA, but it is not one I sell.

That's entirely possible that I'm not understanding what they are offering. That's why I want some info. I did not misunderstand about the no costs leads, though. They have said that over and over again. These are not old leads as they haven't even been generated yet. They claim we would getting in on the ground floor.

They are offering free training in Cinn. next month. A two day workshop and they pay for everything except for my transportation to Cinn. I have a friend in the business and they have offered him the same deal. He wants to go and says we can drive up together. The catch is, you must contract with them in order to be invited to this training. You cannot go to this meeting to find out what it's about and then decide if you want to contract with CMIC.

That's not really a big deal. I don't do annunities now and this is a way to learn. The folks that have contacted me came from Parker and I surely don't want anymore dealings with Parker and Assoc.

I'll PM the names. I don't think I should put it on the board.

The pm feature wouldn't work. The CMIC rep. that called me and sent me the contracing info has the initials, JK.

Parker has nothing to do with CMIC, so am I misunderstanding your post?

If it has anything to do with Parker do not waste your time.

CMIC is headquartered in Overland Park. Maybe they are doing some training in Cincy, but we may not be talking about the same company.

Parker has nothing to do with CMIC, so am I misunderstanding your post?

If it has anything to do with Parker do not waste your time.

CMIC is headquartered in Overland Park. Maybe they are doing some training in Cincy, but we may not be talking about the same company.

It's the same company. My GA from Parker is with CMIC now and he is the one that wants me to do this work for them now.

I hung the phone on this fellow that I'm talking to now when he called about 6 weeks ago because I didn't want anything more to do with Parker and assoc.

They have convinced me that they are not Parker and assoc.

I still believe the GA has something to do with them and hasn't cut all ties. But, I was more interested in finding info on this CMIC. They are having training in Cinn. They are based in Kansas. There could be two CMIC's and both based in Kansas, but, I doubt it.

The people that contacted me having ties with Parker, even in the past, is what made me skeptical.

Ok. You can be associated with dozens of marketing companies. You will only be captive with cmic for the companies you are appointed. they are with dozens of annuity and life companies.

They did not ask me to be exclusive. You may want to contact the general office in Kansas and go direct to them. Your guy is running his own office and making his own rules. He may also be getting a cut of your commissions. The fact that he is still with Parker sends a warning signal to me, but Parker is hard to get released from. I had to go a special route through corporate Humana and UHC to get released even though I was only appted thru them for a few weeks.

You have enough posts now you can PM

Ok. You can be associated with dozens of marketing companies. You will only be captive with cmic for the companies you are appointed. they are with dozens of annuity and life companies.

They did not ask me to be exclusive. You may want to contact the general office in Kansas and go direct to them. Your guy is running his own office and making his own rules. He may also be getting a cut of your commissions. The fact that he is still with Parker sends a warning signal to me, but Parker is hard to get released from. I had to go a special route through corporate Humana and UHC to get released even though I was only appted thru them for a few weeks.

You have enough posts now you can PM

I know all about Parker, that's why I don't want anything else to do with them. As for the pm, it's apparently not working. I get an error screen when I try to send a pm now.

I am interested in this deal that CMIC is offereing. I may go to the 2 day thing in Cinn. just to learn. I would only have to contract with one company, GA, to attend. If I didn't want to pursue it, it wouldn't be a hindrrance to not do business with a company that I'm already not doing business with.

metoo. The site has been buggy for the last several days. ;)

It wouldn't hurt to call or email an acct rep at the home office about your interest in their program and see what they have to say. They will probably point you to the local office, but even that will give you more info.

Back