Nationwide New Hghts

jmhalvo

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
has a 2 yr crediting. Lotsa nice features but seems like a long time to wait to see a potential increase in contract value. Anyone have experience with this on other older annuities? Clients get antsy?

Nationwide New Heights is a single purchase payment, deferred fixed indexed annuity with features that allow you to accumulate retirement savings and help protect your money. It offers three main potential benefits: principal and interest rate guarantees, minimal risk exposure, and potential tax advantages.

Nationwide New Heights is a single purchase payment, deferred fixed indexed annuity with features that allow you to accumulate retirement savings and help protect your money. It offers three main potential benefits: principal and interest rate guarantees, minimal risk exposure, and potential tax advantages.
this is a joke right ?

There are a number of annuities with longer crediting terms. You might want to look at the backtesting of the product to have more confidence in NNH.

Additionally, the product tracks values daily and credits earnings to the day one takes withdrawals (such a free withdrawals).

However, in my opinion, the income rider on the product is outstanding in that it locks in the indexes high point whenever it is higher than the previous high. For clients who can defer income the rider this income crediting method can produce more income than fixed rollups or point-to-points.

Take a look at the lifetime payout factors as well, which are calculated on the high point.

Last edited:
has a 2 yr crediting. Lotsa nice features but seems like a long time to wait to see a potential increase in contract value. Anyone have experience with this on other older annuities? Clients get antsy?

jmhalvo,

In my opinion, a 2 year crediting strategy is just fine. I wouldn't go into anything longer than a 2 year. Nationwide has a good name which doesn't hurt in terms of marketing. However, if you are planning on using it for accumulation I would consider the Americo Liberty Mark prodcut. It's 80% S&P and 1.25% fee, 2 year reset. If you're looking at Nationwide for Income, I always show my advisors how to plan for income based on guarantees and ladder them to give more income than any product they'll come up against. Once you do this, you can put as much in a product like Nationwide and see if you can get a good return and good income off of it.

Josh

You mean like a cd ladder but with annuities?

I imagine it is the same idea, I am not familiar with what strategy you're using with the CD ladder, but I can show you how I do it with FIA's and the guaranteed income riders on them, which mathematically provide more income over a person's life as opposed to trying to pick one product with the highest income. If you are interested in seeing how I do it (I am sure others have a different way), then just let me know and I'll be more than happy to show you a screen share and how I personally run my numbers.

Josh

Back