New Agent Question

mkim1969

Expert
I am a new agent with questions.

Who can I contract direct with that writes in Georgia?
Can a deferred annuity be purchased for $50 a month?
What type of commission can I expect on this?

Contracting direct and having questions do not go well together.

A $50 per month annuity will pay you between $2 to $3 monthly.

However if you discover that the client also needs life insurance and will budget $50 monthly you will have something worth your tank of gas.

Mark Rosenthal is in Georgia and would love to train you. Much better than being direct.

mkim1969 said:

There are flexible premium annuities that can accomodate $50 per month. Try looking at annuity investors life part of GAFRI or Reliastar.

If that $50 goes into a fixed def annuity like gafri, they will annualize the first year. $2x12. Also gafri, as ailic, recently cut out the MOs so not much middle man help as newby suggested.

If that $50 goes into a fixed def annuity like gafri, they will annualize the first year. $2x12. Also gafri, as ailic, recently cut out the MOs so not much middle man help as newby suggested.

I am no longer contracted with them. But when I was the would annualize 403(b) salary deferred business but not non-qualified or IRA business. Not disagreeing just suggest the agent review it with the carrier so as not to be surprised.

I am no longer contracted with them. But when I was the would annualize 403(b) salary deferred business but not non-qualified or IRA business. Not disagreeing just suggest the agent review it with the carrier so as not to be surprised.

I agree for newer in the business. I stopped all annualizing a ways back, only brings headache unless you need the cash.

I know of a fixed annuity (maybe), but the rates are not that good at all either is the commission. I think ING Relistar used to have a product.

Have you thought about an IUL as an option?

I know of a fixed annuity (maybe), but the rates are not that good at all either is the commission. I think ING Relistar used to have a product.

Have you thought about an IUL as an option?

An IUL can be an option. Based on age an insurability not to mention the client willingness to continue to fund it. Thats the only downside of an IUL some many people want to start something but then stop at least with Fixed Annuity if they stop contributing the policy doesn't end up exploding. Rates and commission is relative. A guaranteed minimum interest rate of 1% right now blows away most large banks CD rates for anything under 5+ years.

Back