Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Annuities Forum

Reply to Newer to Insurance, Questions About Annuities     
Old 06-01-2017, 01:03 PM   #11

State: Leispogo is an Insurance Agent from
Newer to Insurance, Questions About Annuities Re: Newer to Insurance, Questions About Annuities
This wasn't life insurance. It was my dad's pension. So for the last year the pension has been going into my dad's bank account with him and his girlfriend on it. (Which the bank was notified of his death.) The insurance company told my mom that they will stop payments going forward but since she was only suppose to be getting half of the payments that they paid out in the last year that they are not going to pay her until they receive back half of the money they paid out. So her $350 a month is going to be paying back the $700 a month that was paid for the last year, and once that's paid then she'll start receiving her payments. I just don't see why she is being held responsible for money she never received. Shouldn't the insurance company be going after the girlfriend who has been taking the money that she's not entitled to? How is that not fraud?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Newer to Insurance, Questions About Annuities

Old 06-01-2017, 01:10 PM   #12
Guru
VolAgent on Newer to Insurance, Questions About Annuities

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Newer to Insurance, Questions About Annuities Re: Newer to Insurance, Questions About Annuities
Originally Posted by Leispogo View Post
This wasn't life insurance. It was my dad's pension. So for the last year the pension has been going into my dad's bank account with him and his girlfriend on it. (Which the bank was notified of his death.) The insurance company told my mom that they will stop payments going forward but since she was only suppose to be getting half of the payments that they paid out in the last year that they are not going to pay her until they receive back half of the money they paid out. So her $350 a month is going to be paying back the $700 a month that was paid for the last year, and once that's paid then she'll start receiving her payments. I just don't see why she is being held responsible for money she never received. Shouldn't the insurance company be going after the girlfriend who has been taking the money that she's not entitled to? How is that not fraud?
Please read what I wrote, don't skim.

You can pay the premium or you can own the loss.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:14 PM   #13
Guru

State: walthamny is an Insurance Agent from Massachusetts
The error is with the insurance company, they will have to go and get the funds back. It may help to complain to division of insurance of your state too. You could also name the insurance company here, they check social media for any bad press including this board. It would not surprise me if this gets corrected quickly.

The insurance company also does not want that their internal controls were weak exposed. On the hand, the Social Security death master file is never perfect. It has so many errors. Congress never can get their act and fix it.

Last edited by walthamny; 06-01-2017 at 02:23 PM. Reason: add
Reply to Newer to Insurance, Questions About Annuities 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Annuities Forum