Older Client Annuity Case

jersey_boy201

I'm looking for some help. I have an annuity case for a family member of mine. My great aunt is 88 years old and turning 89 in July. She currently has a $40,000 SPDA with Western National at a guaranteed rate of 3% since 2007. I would like to write the annuity but Western National says they can but at a rate of only 1%. Does anyone on the forum have any advice/direction? Thanks in advance!

I'm looking for some help. I have an annuity case for a family member of mine. My great aunt is 88 years old and turning 89 in July. She currently has a $40,000 SPDA with Western National at a guaranteed rate of 3% since 2007. I would like to write the annuity but Western National says they can but at a rate of only 1%. Does anyone on the forum have any advice/direction? Thanks in advance!

Do your aunt (and your family) a favor and don't touch it. 3% minimums w/ short surrenders are very difficult to come by...not to mention that you'll be paid virtually nothing in comp due to her age.

Leave it alone...

I appreciate the replies. The agent arrested thread is very insightful. I understand where you guys are coming from. Thanks for the heads up!

jersey_boy201 said:

Okay so this aunt has an older product paying a guaranteed 3% in interest per year and where do you think you can better her situation?

Back