Phone Approach for Annuities

Re: Phone Approach for Anuities

there was a guy on here months ago who wanted to cold call for annuities. He did put up his numbers for awhile but got discouraged as your working with a more affluent market so they aren't accustomed to doing business via a cold call for assets they have.
The only way I can conceive of cold calling and being successful is to call for a free no obligation meeting to determine if they can lower their social security taxes, and/or defer the interest they are paying on their cds so that their nest egg grows more.
Would be tough as nails, let us know how that goes.

It depends on how you are getting their info to call them.... if it is true cold calling with them not giving you their info to call, then I think you are wasting your time. Most people who have assets are on the DNC list. The ones who are not on the DNC list get bombarded with calls.... even the ones who are on it get bombarded from charities and political campaigns.

Thanks guys! I am following up after mailing a postcard,which I imagine 100% get thrown in the trash.

So whats everyone using for a phone approach? Mine just isn't working in this upside market.

What's your approach and what do you qualify as not working?

Plenty of people are cold calling successfully for munis, and write 50-100k tickets, over the phone, on a routine basis. I can't think of anyone currently doing that for fixed annuities, but remember several doing it just a few years ago. Also make sure your call lists are solid and targeted properly.

It can definitely be done if the consistency is there, which most people don't have, but now days I'd much rather work a direct mail lead and a process like empty mentioned. :1biggrin:

I wish everyone felt that way, it would make my job a lot easier.

So you are having success calling cold with a list of DNC scrubbed names? What are your conversion rates if so?

(dont get me wrong, I CC businesses every day. but over half of individual prospects are on the DNC list, so your starting at a disadvantage in the first place... I have never really tried with individuals)

Last edited:

Well,what Ive been doing is sending out a postcard about protecting your nest egg from market risk,and following up with a phone card in a few days. Ive been calling them and saying, "Hello,this is Ron Murreycalling with________,just giving you a quick followup to the postcard I mailed about protecting your nest egg from market risk and getting a decent return on it. I was wondering if you would be interested in looking at some ideas for that anytime this week". Everyone just tells me no they are staying put. My leads are from Amerilist,they are DNC scrubbed,have incomes of 100,000 plus,and are age 65+.

Back