Small Tip for Seminars

Charpress

Guru
1000 Post Club
We talked in another thread here about the importance of establishing trust before you can get into the annuity conversation.

One thing I started doing as part of my seminar feedback form that people fill out to make appointments is to have one of two boxes that can be checked:

"___ I want to meet with Charpress ___ Meeting with an associate is OK"

Now, obviously your name would be substituted for Charpress. I set this up towards the end of the seminar by saying that I have made time to meet with people from this seminar, but only for the next week or so. After that time you might meet with me or it might be an associate. I make it clear the associate is well familiar with the seminar and can easily help when they come in.

This accomplishes two things:

It establishes a certain urgency with the audience on getting in as soon as possible so they can meet with the person who hopefully established a rapport during the seminar. I notice that the people wanting an appointment right away for a specific date and time has gone up a bit.

From my side, it tells me at a glance how I am doing in establishing the rapport and a level of trust. If the great majority are checking the box that they want to meet only with me, then I know I was doing well at the seminar. If any significant number are checking the anyone will do box, then something went wrong at that seminar and I'd better redo things a bit.

We talked in another thread here about the importance of establishing trust before you can get into the annuity conversation. One thing I started doing as part of my seminar feedback form that people fill out to make appointments is to have one of two boxes that can be checked: "___ I want to meet with Charpress ___ Meeting with an associate is OK" Now, obviously your name would be substituted for Charpress. I set this up towards the end of the seminar by saying that I have made time to meet with people from this seminar, but only for the next week or so. After that time you might meet with me or it might be an associate. I make it clear the associate is well familiar with the seminar and can easily help when they come in. This accomplishes two things: It establishes a certain urgency with the audience on getting in as soon as possible so they can meet with the person who hopefully established a rapport during the seminar. I notice that the people wanting an appointment right away for a specific date and time has gone up a bit. From my side, it tells me at a glance how I am doing in establishing the rapport and a level of trust. If the great majority are checking the box that they want to meet only with me, then I know I was doing well at the seminar. If any significant number are checking the anyone will do box, then something went wrong at that seminar and I'd better redo things a bit.

Yes. That's an excellent idea.

Back