Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Annuities Forum

Reply to Understanding IMO Commissions     
Old 08-14-2017, 04:20 PM   #1

State: nickzimmer is an Insurance Agent from
Understanding IMO Commissions Understanding IMO Commissions
Hi Everyone! After reviewing the posts on this forum, I have a good sense of the commissions that agents who work with IMOs receive upon selling various annuity products. However, I am curious as to how much the IMO makes from selling annuities. Does anyone happen to know what this commission might look like? I recognize that this will vary depending on the type of annuity sold. Thanks so much for your help!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Understanding IMO Commissions

Old 08-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #2
Guru

State: donamese is an Insurance Agent from Arizona
Understanding IMO Commissions Re: Understanding IMO Commissions
Depends on the IMO, the product, the amount a producer sells, etc. A MYGA standard would likely take 50-100bps but a fixed annuity with an 8% street they may take 200-300bps.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:12 PM   #3

State: nickzimmer is an Insurance Agent from
Understanding IMO Commissions Re: Understanding IMO Commissions nickzimmer is the thread starter for: Understanding IMO Commissions

Just to clarify, when you say 8% street you are referring to the commission agents make on the fixed annuity? Furthermore I'm assuming that this is a fixed indexed annuity given the higher range. Thanks!
Old 08-15-2017, 02:48 PM   #4
Guru

State: donamese is an Insurance Agent from Arizona
Understanding IMO Commissions Re: Understanding IMO Commissions
Street being the standard going rate for writing agents on the product. Yes, I was referring to an FIA.

IMOs will vary their commissions as well based on the services they offer (leads, support, training, etc)
Reply to Understanding IMO Commissions 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Annuities Forum