Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Annuities Forum

Reply to WHere Do I Get Annuity Rates..     
Old 05-06-2017, 12:03 PM   #1
Guru

State: jboussea is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
WHere Do I Get Annuity Rates.. WHere Do I Get Annuity Rates..
I don't sell annuities.. don't have any plans to start selling in the immediate future.. but I need to do some research with various types of annuities.. where can I go to get quotes for annuities.. various types.. fixed, fixed index, dia, spia etc.. I'm guessing that I won't have access to any variable quoting software
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to WHere Do I Get Annuity Rates..

Old 05-06-2017, 07:42 PM   #2
Guru

State: Stephen is an Insurance Agent from Arkansas
Stephen is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
WHere Do I Get Annuity Rates.. Re: WHere Do I Get Annuity Rates..
Originally Posted by jboussea View Post
I don't sell annuities.. don't have any plans to start selling in the immediate future.. but I need to do some research with various types of annuities.. where can I go to get quotes for annuities.. various types.. fixed, fixed index, dia, spia etc.. I'm guessing that I won't have access to any variable quoting software
Call a carrier and ask for the sales department
Old 05-06-2017, 08:27 PM   #3
Guru

WHere Do I Get Annuity Rates.. Re: WHere Do I Get Annuity Rates.. jboussea is the thread starter for: WHere Do I Get Annuity Rates..

Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Call a carrier and ask for the sales department
Thanks..

however I was looking for a place to get quotes from multiple carriers at once..
Old 05-06-2017, 08:50 PM   #4
Guru

State: Tahoe Ray is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
Tahoe Ray is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
  1. Fixed: www.annuityratewatch.com (they also have indexed but won't do you much good if you want riders...)
  2. SPIA/DIA: CANNEX
  3. Indexed: Carrier software. Your IMO might provide something like SuperAgent tools to help you whittle down options before you get a handle on what you're doing.
  4. Variable: No need to quote unless you're licensed to sell them. If you are, get them from your wholesaler.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:33 PM   #5
Guru

WHere Do I Get Annuity Rates.. Re: WHere Do I Get Annuity Rates.. jboussea is the thread starter for: WHere Do I Get Annuity Rates..

Originally Posted by Tahoe Ray View Post
  1. Fixed: www.annuityratewatch.com (they also have indexed but won't do you much good if you want riders...)
  2. SPIA/DIA: CANNEX
  3. Indexed: Carrier software. Your IMO might provide something like SuperAgent tools to help you whittle down options before you get a handle on what you're doing.
  4. Variable: No need to quote unless you're licensed to sell them. If you are, get them from your wholesaler.

Hope this helps.
THanks man.. through some googling.. I found out about ANnuityspecs.. do certain IMO's carry that? Have you heard of it?
Old 05-06-2017, 11:19 PM   #6
Guru

State: Tahoe Ray is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
Tahoe Ray is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
THanks man.. through some googling.. I found out about ANnuityspecs.. do certain IMO's carry that? Have you heard of it?
I don't know. I believe that is Sheryl Moore's website who is pretty active in our business.

Your best option is to find a case to quote and then get some free trials and reach out to a few IMOs to see what they come with...

Selling annuities is a lot more than just selling a product. Proper placement, client objectives, taxes, suitability, renewal rates, etc. all come into play.

Frankly, they are mainly commodities. Yes, some products are inferior to others in a given category but if all of the other pieces (mentioned above) fit then there isn't a lot of difference from one carrier to the next (assuming top tier companies).

That's just me though...I'm sure that others might disagree.
Reply to WHere Do I Get Annuity Rates.. 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Annuities Forum