WHere Do I Get Annuity Rates..

jboussea

Guru
100+ Post Club
I don't sell annuities.. don't have any plans to start selling in the immediate future.. but I need to do some research with various types of annuities.. where can I go to get quotes for annuities.. various types.. fixed, fixed index, dia, spia etc.. I'm guessing that I won't have access to any variable quoting software

I don't sell annuities.. don't have any plans to start selling in the immediate future.. but I need to do some research with various types of annuities.. where can I go to get quotes for annuities.. various types.. fixed, fixed index, dia, spia etc.. I'm guessing that I won't have access to any variable quoting software

Call a carrier and ask for the sales department

1. Fixed: www.annuityratewatch.com (they also have indexed but won't do you much good if you want riders...)
  2. SPIA/DIA: CANNEX
  3. Indexed: Carrier software. Your IMO might provide something like SuperAgent tools to help you whittle down options before you get a handle on what you're doing.
  4. Variable: No need to quote unless you're licensed to sell them. If you are, get them from your wholesaler.

Hope this helps.

1. Fixed: www.annuityratewatch.com (they also have indexed but won't do you much good if you want riders...)
  2. SPIA/DIA: CANNEX
  3. Indexed: Carrier software. Your IMO might provide something like SuperAgent tools to help you whittle down options before you get a handle on what you're doing.
  4. Variable: No need to quote unless you're licensed to sell them. If you are, get them from your wholesaler.

Hope this helps.

THanks man.. through some googling.. I found out about ANnuityspecs.. do certain IMO's carry that? Have you heard of it?

THanks man.. through some googling.. I found out about ANnuityspecs.. do certain IMO's carry that? Have you heard of it?

I don't know. I believe that is Sheryl Moore's website who is pretty active in our business.

Your best option is to find a case to quote and then get some free trials and reach out to a few IMOs to see what they come with...

Selling annuities is a lot more than just selling a product. Proper placement, client objectives, taxes, suitability, renewal rates, etc. all come into play.

Frankly, they are mainly commodities. Yes, some products are inferior to others in a given category but if all of the other pieces (mentioned above) fit then there isn't a lot of difference from one carrier to the next (assuming top tier companies).

That's just me though...I'm sure that others might disagree.

Back